Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday

Friday is for fun and that is what we going to do today, give you the tools to have fun.

First, up you have to be awake to have fun and we all know coffee will keep you awake:

http://www.walletpop.com/2011/01/25/savings-experiment-the-perks-of-brewing-versus-buying-coffee/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl6%7Csec3_lnk3%7C204469

I never knew coffee was so complicated.

Some of us probably need therapy before we can have fun. Why not have a really different type of therapy:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/03/sword-swallowing-the-worlds-most-dangerous-form-of-therapy/

That is pretty sharp therapy but I think I will pass.

It is always fun to do something different.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/02/19/1551830/stop-or-well-schuss-wyoming-uphill.html

I'm going to try to do something different this weekend just to have fun. I don't know what it will be but it won't be skiing uphill.

Comment away.

Who Am I?

I was born in 1689 and died in 1762 and was known as an English aristocrat and writer. I am remembered for my letters, particularly my letters from Turkey, as wife to the British ambassador, which have been described as “the very first example of a secular work by a woman about the Muslim Orient”. I am reported to be related to Romeo and Juliet, as my ancestors were close friends of Shakespeare, and he liked our surname. Some of my writings offended the Pope and the doofus attacked me. When I was fifty I left my husband and went abroad, and although we continued to write to each other in affectionate and respectful terms, we never met again. I am mentioned in the Doctor Who novel Only Human by Gareth Roberts as an example of why marrying for love is overrated. My poetry is circulated widely, in manuscript. On a recent episode of the British TV show Antiques Roadshow, several paintings attributed to me were brought in for valuation. Remarkable for their sensitive portrayals of royal courtiers of the Turkish Empire, the paintings show lively and genuine artistic talent. The colors are still vibrant, and it is interesting to note that she was allowed to paint male members of the royal family. These valuable works are currently in the hands of a private owner, who plans to bequeath them to a museum. If you have read the TURKISH EMBASSEY LETTERS then you can answer the question, Who Am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I brew coffee at home, not for the cost savings, though that's considerable, but because I want my coffee FIRST THING in the morning. Can't wait to shower, get dressed, and get to Starbucks. And I buy ground coffee because grinding my own is just too time-consuming and messy. I used to grind espresso beans when I was treating myself to a homemade latte in the afternoons, but that habit is on hold lately, so the grinder and the espresso machine stand idle.

Sword swallowing as therapy? Ha! I think NOT. I also think I'll join you in NOT doing any uphill skiing this weekend. Or any other time.

Lady DR said...

I brew coffee at home and can't imagine paying Starbuck's prices, particularly for their higher priced lattes. And, like Pat, I want my coffee as soon as I've brushed my teeth. Actually, friends and family know it's best not to speak to me, until I've had a couple cups of coffee. Used to grind beans, don't see the point. Coffee comes out of the can and into an air-tight tupperware container. Since I'm on restricted caffeine, I can mix decaf and Columbian and have a lovely wake up.

Gonna pass on the sword swallowing, big time. Also the downhill skiing, although I am thinking I'll try something different this weekend, a fun thing of some sort.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I mostly brew coffee at home but there will be once in a while I stop outside and get a cup of coffee and usually it is to strong. But there are some days that I need that jolt. Coffee beans just seems like to much work for me.

I'm not sword swallowing for therapy or any other reason.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

We all are coffee first in the morning everything else letter, I usually set the timer at night so I don't even have to wait for it to brew when I get up. If I do pay for a Starbuck's I usually take it home and make two cups of coffee out of it.

I am glad we won't each other sking uphill this morning.

Bill