Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Waiver, Epitaths, and Who Will Succeed Me?

I registered for the comedy class and they sent me a waiver to sign. It looks like this class may be dangerous and I may not survive all eight weeks of it alive.

http://www.comedysportz.com/portland/waiver_form.pdf

Of course since I want to take the class I am going to sign the waiver. However, since it may be a killer class it brings up several questions.

What do you think my epitath should be? (Maybe "he died laughing")

What one phrase would you use for an epitath that would either define you or your life?

And if I don't survive the class which one of you would like to take over my blog and keep it going? Maybe a relay team with each one of you taking a week, that way the blog could keep going for a few weeks after my demise.

The waiver has me contemplating so many things!

May this be a great day for all of you!

9 comments:

Mary Z said...

What I want to know is who is going to sign for you as your "Legal Guardian"? (At least they didn't ask for a "responsible adult"!)

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

If my cat was still alive I could have used her as my legal guardian so I will just go with one of my multiple personalities as my guardian.

Bill

Pat said...

I do sense danger here, since when I tried to open the waiver PDF, it came up blank and now refuses to be deleted from my screen.

"He died laughing" is as good an epitaph as any other.

Whoa! The PDF just loaded, after 2 or 3 minutes. Well, it loaded halfway and part of the text is cut off. Oops! And now it just disappeared, so I guess my attempts to delete it kicked in after 2 or 3 minutes more. Weird! Remind me, why do we love computers? From the little I did read, the class does look a little dangerous.

Don't worry about your legacy. If they do you in, we'll take turns talking about how much we liked you and how much we miss you.

Pat said...

PS: I did get it loaded properly, with a little finagling, and my impression is that they may be a little paranoid and that they may do a little more "physical comedy" than is entirely safe. But it's probably all BS.

The "World Comedy League"??? Who'd'a thunk?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Wow I am sorry you had so much trouble loading it, I tried it before posting the link and it worked pretty well. I hope it didn't lock up your your computer as well as refusing to be deleted.

I also think the waiver is mainly for the kids class, they do several in the 9 year old range and the liability is greater than with adults.

Just think I am going to be a member of the World Comedy League! lol

Bill

SymplyAmused said...

My epitath will say, "She died with no life other than that of her child" : )

I truly would like to die laughing, what a way to go!!

William J. said...

Hi Symply

While there is nothing greater than the role of a parent I do hope at some point you get some relief to enjoy your own life.

Bill

Kaye R said...

Bill.. you ask the most thougth provoking questions! LOL @ Mary Z... "at least they didn't ask for a responsible adult". Hey, that could be your out if it gets to rough!

I have no idea what my epitaph should be. Just hang all my jewelry on the head stone, ok? (smiles)

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

Most of the questions come from posters here.

OK, we will have your jewelry every where, on the headstone and around it!!

Bill