Thursday, November 20, 2008

Amazing Race/Dancing With The Stars

Two of my favorite shows are down to crunch time. Amazing Race is down to the final four. Dancing With The Stars is down to the final three.

On the Amazing Race this week newly dating couple Terrance and Sarah were eliminated basically because Terrance, a vegetarian, couldn't eat meat. He tried and failed. Because they were on a fast forward and didn't complete it they basically had to start this segment of the race over. To big of an advantage to overcome. On the exit interview it did seem like they had taken their relationship to a new level and bonded during the race.

The final four in The Amazing Race are as follows:

Brother-sister team than now has finished three straight segments in a row in first place, Nick & Star.

Separated couple Ken & Tina. Separated due to his affairs, going on the race to see if they could repair the damage the affairs caused. Been interesting watching them because from the first week of the show to now they have tremenedously improved how they communicate with each other.

Mother-Son team and my pick to sneak in there and win it, Toni & Dallas. I never would have predicted them to go this far but they sort have flown under the radar except for Dallas's courtship of Star during the race.

Last up and my pick to be the next ones elimnated, frat boys, Andrew and Dan.

DANCING WITH THE STARS

Loved this weeks' shows. The results show was very entertaining with Aretha Frankling, John Legand, Leona Lewis, and Julianne Hough all singing. Yes the same Julianne Hough that is Cody's partner has begun a Country & Western musical career and didn't do to bad.

Other highlights of the results show was last season's champs, Kristi & Mark, dancing while Aretha Franklin sang Respect. Then there were the young dancers, wow those not even teens yet can dance!

The performance show included a segment where Judge Len gave each of the four semi-finalists a private lesson. Very entertaining.

On the performance show I thought the judges were to hard on Brook and not hard enough on Warren. I thought both of Warren's dances were overscored because they were to slow to the music especially the jitterbug. I also thought Brook's Jive was underscored. Lacey and Lance stole the performance show. Their dances just couldn't be beat.

It was fun watching the now eliminated Cody dance both the Paso Doble and the Salsa. It was also interesting watching how mature the young man was when he was eliminated. He has really grown on the show.

The three finalist compete next week for the trophy:

Lance may sneak there and steal the win from Brook. He seems to be improving while Brook seems to be at a plateau.

Brook is next and I would really like to see her win so that a woman has won two seasons in a row. I'm just afraid the judges are grading her against herself and that works to her disadvantage.

The third finalist is Warren Sapp. I love the big man but don't want to see him win because I think he is the worse dancer of the three. He is the best performer of the three but his dancing doesn't measure up to the other two. This is a dance competition and I want the best dancer to win.

May you race through life with a smile on your face!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I sorta missed this yesterday, and as usual, I mostly agree with your comments, but with one exception. I thought Brooke was awful in that jive number. I don't watch the footwork too carefully as a rule. More interested in the total line and the musicality. But hers was so bad in the jive that it caught my eye. She was offbeat and off-step much too often. Surprising, because she's been so wonderful right along until then. But she redeemed herself and she's still my top bet to win.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I posted this late yesterday. It was kind of hard to post when I was staying at my mom's. I got home after dinner last night and then posted it.

I guess I am bling where Brook is concerned because I thought she did better than Warren. I would love to see her win but Lance seems to be coming on strong.

Bill