Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Final Class/Dancing With The Stars

I'm seriously considering not going to the last week of the comedy class tonight. I really enjoyed the eight week introduction class but the advance Farm Team Transition Class has really not been all that enjoyable. I've learned tons during the eight week class and a little more in the transition class, what I learned and where I want to go I will discuss on tomorrow's blog. One of the difficult things about going to class has not so much to do with the class it has more to do with the weather change and the time change. Driving fifteen miles in dark and rainy weather has never been one of my favorite things to do. I leave in the dark at 6:30 to get to a 7:30 class and often don't get home until later than 10:30 because the class will often run over.

Here is the email about tonight's class:

CSz 101+Class #3 of 3
Choose & Discover
WHERE11/12/08

Week 1: WHO; choose your character, discover how you relate. Week 2: WHAT; choose what your doing at the top of the scene, discover what the scene is about
Week 3: WHERE; choose where the scene is taking place, discover all the mimed props on your "set". We'll also play a few more games, and laugh as much as we can. The last 10 minutes will be set aside for questions. See you Wednesday!--

Improvisationally yours,

Herb Spice

Should I go tonight? Or Stay home and watch Top Chef? I'm leaning towards going but am wavering. I've already set the tape for Top Chef.

On to Dancing With The Stars.

The final four, one woman, three men. That is about equal, no? Lance, Warren, Cody, and Brook are in the semi-finals. Because of her talent Brook is a lock to go to the finals. Because of him being absolutely joyful to watch Warren is also a lock to be a finalist. That beens the third finalist will be between Cody and Lance. Both have good fan bases. Both are equal in talent. It boils down to what professional the fans like the most and that is Julianne, so Cody makes the finals. I also respect Cody for showing such emotion on the results show when asked what Julianne meant to him. That wins my vote.

For the results show I told my Mom before the show that Maurice would be eliminated so I wasn't surprised at his being voted off. I was surprised, however, when Cheryl said Maurice will always be number one in her heart. Do we have a romance here?

On the performance Show I loved Brook's dances and thought Len grading her as a professional was very unfair. I also think Len has some kind of a dislike for Lance, his score for him is always less than the other judges.

The quality of dance on the performance show was amazing, the lowest score being a 24. In the first week of the show that would have been the highest score. The most fun dance of the night to watch for me was Warren's jive. Gosh such energy for such a big man. I am hate to admit that he was my choice to be the first person voted off, was I ever wrong. My choice to win it all was Mindy, she left the show due to an injury.

The highlight of the results show was the jive by brother/sister Derek and Julianne. There was an online contest where the fans picked the dance and the professionals to perform on the results show. The Jive and The Houghs won. It was an amazing dance. I could watch it over and over.

May this be a great day for all of you! May you dance through life with a smile on your face!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Hmmm... let's see... shall you go to class or stay home and watch Top Chef? That's a very familiar quandary to me, and I can only tell you how it usually turns out for me. If I stay home, I feel relieved but slightly guilty. If I force myself to go, I usually am glad I did, if only to avoid the slight guilt. There. Did that help? I thought not.

As to DWTS, I'm only watching it sporadically, but in general, I agree with you. Brooke should win, she's the best of the bunch. And yes, it was unfair for Len to score her as a professional. Of the two "boys", I think Cody is the better dancer, but I don't feel strongly about the contest this time, so I won't be upset with whatever the result is. Well, maybe a little upset if Brooke doesn't win.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I'm leaning towards going to the class mainly because it is the last one and will be the last chance to see most of the class members. Also with my completion complex I would probably regret not completing a project that I started. And actually your comments did help and they confirmed some of my thoughts.

I will be extremely upset if Brook doesn't win DWTS.

Bill

Kaye R said...

Ok, I'm late again... but.. did you go?? Are you glad you did? :)

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

Yes I went and Yes I am glad I did. I almost didn't go because a couple of hours before class my power went out but it came back on in an hour which freed me up to go to class.

Bill