Monday, January 19, 2009

Questions Answered

Just a short post today that I may add to later in the day.

Pat asked when the Oscar Nominations are announced. They will be announced January 22at 5 a.m. in the morning Pacific Time.

Red asked if DEFIANCE qualified for the Oscars this year and the answer is yes. It was released in a very limited fashion on December 31, 2008. I also went to DEFIANCE and thought it was a really good movie. Quite a contrast between brothers, one is a hero seeking revenge, the other his a hero protecting a community. Both saved a ton of lives. I may review it later.

The party for Mom got even smaller then I hoped for when my nephew spilled the beans and mom put the stop to having the two married couples there, she really doesn't want to have any kind of a party at all. So my plans for her birthday are to surprise her early on that day by going over and cooking breakfast for her! Then take her to dinner that night together with my nephew. I am now trying to decide what to get her for her birthday. She needs a new wheelchair but I have some emotional problems with a wheelchair being a gift for her. Kaye who posts here once in a while suggested a book called LIST YOURSELF. Here is a link that describes it
http://www.amazon.com/List-Your-Self-Listmaking-Self-Discovery/dp/0836221796. What do you think of the idea?

We had a nice pre-birthday dinner at my niece's and my favorite relative, my nephew-in-law. Ryan just cooks the best pork ribs and my Mom loves them. They had a birthday cake there that was also great. The highlight, however, was a letter that my brother had sent there for my Mom. It was really a very touching letter, in his handwriting so we know he wrote it and not his wife. Something out of character for him but such beautifully written and touching. It really picked Mom up.

Yes, I am looking very forward to starting the job next Monday. I do have some worries about it but I am still looking forward to it. I'm getting kind of bored and lonely lately and hard work and exercise are usually good cures for that!

If I start taking the comedy classes again the first one will be on the 28th. I can't go on the 21st as that is Mom's birthday. I may be to tired to go to the one the 28th as it may take a while to get in the rhythm with the work schedule. I'm looking forward to seeing how I do in the class with more experienced people then I am!

This year's Super Bowl will be between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals. This is the first time in their almost one hundred year history that Arizona has made it to the championship game. I'm picking Arizona all the way!

Hope this is a great day for all of you! If you asked a question and I ignored it, it wasn't intentional. Ask it again either here on the blog or send an email to williamjdahn@aol.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bill for letting me know about Defiance. I really hope it wins an award. I didn't want to say too much about it because probably others haven't seen it as yet. It was great.

Enjoy all the ceremonies tomorrow.

William J. said...

Hi Red

DEFIANCE should get some awards the only problem with is this is a very strong year for male actors with Eastwood, Rourke, Pitt, and so on and the main roles in DEFIANCE were males. I can see it getting nominated for screenplay, movie, and maybe music.

Bill