Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dancing

With The Stars was great last night. They introduced two new dances to the show. The Lindy Hop. A lot like the Jitterbug, it is a fast paced extremely fun dance to watch. The other dance was the hot, romantic Argentine Tango. The quality of dancing on this season's show is the best at this stage of the competition than it has been during any season.

Who should be eliminated tonight? The Billionaire and the Jackass. Who will be eliminated tonight? My home state playmate from Astoria, Oregon, Holly Madison and The Jackass.

My favorite dance of the night, I rated third overall. It was my favorite because of the difference between how his was week one and how he is now.

My ratings follow in order with the judges score in ( ).

The Hot Tango by Cheryl and Gilles. Cheryl is the best with the tango. If you remember season 2 her tango with Drew scored 30. Very hot, very romantic. My score was 95. This is the earliest in the series of any season that the judges gave a
perfect score. (30)

If any perfect scores should have been given by the judges it should have been given to the very fast, very fun amazing footwork shown in the Lindy Hop by Tony and Reality reject Mellissa. Tied for first in my ratings at 95. (29)

All I can say about Ty Murray and Chelsea Hightower's Lindy Hop was "Wow, that dude has improved!" Week one he was getting fours from the judges. Fast, fun, strong lifts. Smiling the whole way through the dance they wowed the crowd. I gave them a 92
(25)

Fourth in my rating was Li'L Kim and Derek Hough's tango rated by me a hot 90. (27)

Coming in fifth in my ratings was another improving man, comedian, David and my favorite professional, Kym's Lindy Hop. I rated 85. (22)

My sixth rated couple was Julianne at her real life boyfriend Chuck's Lindy Hop earning an 80 with me. (22)

Seventh in my ratings was gymnist Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas. Their Lindy Hop had a lot of gymnastic moves but not enough dancing. I rated them a 79. (25)

Football great Lawrence Taylor and Edyta did a tango and had great footwork but no romance. The Tango is all about romance. I rated the dance a 75. (19)

Holly one of the late entrants this season just doesn't know the difference between sexy and romantic. She did fall and that caused her to lose focus and their tango left a lot to be desired for me and the judges. 70. (16).

The Jackass is really my least favorite entrant and Lacey is my least favorite professional and their Lindy Hop would have been my least favorite dance of the night if it wasn't for billionaires. 65. (15).

The Woz trying to look romantic would be like me trying to look sexy in a dress. It just isn't going to happen. His Tango with Karina was to slow and he had no timing to the music. 60. (12).

A question for even you non-Dancing With The Stars fans. Do you go out dancing and when you do what is your favorite dance? My guess is one of the posters will say Line Dancing. I like the Waltz because with limited mobility in one foot it is a dance that I can do and do well.

May you dance through the day with a smile on your face, love in your heart, and music in your ear!

6 comments:

dona said...

Gee Bill, I wonder who will it be that loves Line Dancing? :)
And I bet your Waltz is fantastic.

I didn't watch the whole episode of DWTS last night but enough to see most of the dancing and I agree with you on the first and the last!
I can't see the Woz getting any better, he needs to go...but what do I know cause,
Me, I don't dance.....only in my head. :)

Pat said...

I could also predict who will say line dancing. The only dancing I've done was kind of the make it up as you go along kind. I've only had one boyfriend who was into dancing. Well, two, but I don't count the second one because he had absolutely NO sense of rhythm and I couldn't follow him. The other one wasn't a trained dancer, but I'm not, either. He had a good sense of the music and was a very good leader, so he was fun to dance with. One time, we went to a fancy restaurant that had dancing, and when the band started, all these couples got up and demonstrated that they were Arthur Murray graduates. Jon and I just looked at each other and decided not to dance that evening. {g}

I pretty much agree with your assessments from the show. Gilles and Melissa are still the two to beat, IMO, but some of the others have shown great improvement.

Lady DR said...

Happy Birthday, Snug! I hope it was full of sunshine and hugs and part of the happiness was that your dad's improving.

Uh, gee, I can't imagine who y'all think would list line dancing as a favorite (g). Yup, thoroughly enjoy it and it keeps me sane. And, since Himself is allergic to dance floors, it's my most viable option.

That said, if I had a partner, I'd be hard pressed to pick my favorite dance, since I'd rather dance than eat and it's been thus from as long as I can remember. Until I fell head over heels for Himself, I don't think I ever dated a guy who didn't dance. I thoroughly enjoyed square dancing and line dancing. To go "out" dancing, it'd be a hard choice between the lindy, the fox trot or the two step (regular or country). Never got into the tango or samba and that sort of thing. The waltz is a delight, particularly if it's done in a circle to a good band. So... I guess I'd have to say my favorite dance is just about anything that involves music and rhythm.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I bet with the right partner you would be a great dancer!

The reason I like the Waltz besides my foot allowing me to do it is that it is one of that dances that is a sharing dance. A lot of dances like the Paso Doble is a man dominant dance. The Tango is a chase and catch dance. I like the idea of sharing music and moments together.

I'm glad the Woz went and I wanted him to go but I thought with him using the Internet to get votes he would get more votes than Stevie O. I'm glad I was wrong.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The second one should have recognized his lack of timing and let you lead!

I so wish you and Jon would have danced that night, I bet you would have shown up those Murray students!

I'd watch out for Chuck, Ty, and Li'L Kim because they all are improving. Ty really has come a long ways in four short weeks.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

We have to get Himself to understand how much fun dancing is!

Square dancing is a hoot, it would be a great group dance for DWTS.

Bill