Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reunions

The Top Chef reunion was last night and it got me to thinking that if you could have a reunion with someone, dead or alive, who would it be with? I will give you my choices after the Top Chef Reunion review

Fabio won ten grand as the people's choice. That kind of frustrated me as I thought it should be Carla!

Stefan said he was glad he didn't win. What? I think he is nuts if that is what he really believes.

Hosea and his significant other broke up over the Leah kiss which I think was much more than a kiss. Leah dated her significant other a few times after the show but then broke up with him. Leah and Hosea are good friends but not dating friends. Hosea is in Colorado, Leah is in New York. Leah wouldn't move from New York to Colorado, but if Hosea got a chef position he would move to New York.

Fabio's Mom is doing better, Hosea's dad who is suffering from cancer is not.

Fabio and Stefan have become really good friends.

At one of the judges tables during the season. Leah and Jamie were wasted.

That is the Top Chef reunion in a nutshell.

Now on to my reunions. I would choose one living, one dead. The living would be a woman I dated several years ago. We were from two different worlds. She was an exotic dancer that spoke five languages. I was fresh out of college and worked at a firm in Beverly Hills. I was really fascinated by her. And she was very much in love with me. But it never would have worked with our familes so different. Or maybe it would have. The separation is one of those things you wish you could do over. I would just like to know how she is doing. What her life has been like. Find out if she ever thought about me.

The dead of course would be dad. I would want to talk to him about Mom. Find out if he is being taken care of and is being given enough orange slices and corn dogs. Two of his favorites. And I would want a hug.

Who would your reunions be with! May all your reunions be happy ones!

6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I decided not to watch the reunion show and I think I'm just as happy I didn't, especially since you gave such a good recap.

As for reunions, the living would be Peggy, with whom I am still friends, who whom I have not seen in 5-1/2 years and whom I am unlikely to ever see again. I miss her.

Dead would, surprisingly, NOT be my kids. It would be so difficult to see them and lose them again. For dead, I would pick my friend Gilbert, who died in 1986. I would LOVE to talk with him about the Internet (which he died before it exploded) and about computer animation, which he would be so incredibly excited about!

dona said...

I wish I was like Bev and didn't watch the reunion for Top Chef as well. It just wasn't as good as I had hoped. I wasn't that happy with the whole season of Top Chef and hope it gets better next time or I will have to find something else to watch.
As for my reunion, mine would have to be with my childhood best friend Cathy. She is the one in the profile pic with me. I lost her 9 years ago to a tragic auto accident. I agree with Bev that although it would be hard to see them and then lose them all over again, I do have a load of questions, as her sudden death was somewhat of a mystery to say the least. I would love to see her again as we had been friends for all of her 42 years and I miss her so. I would like to see what she thinks of her kids and if all of us left did our job ok in taking part of trying to make their life ok without her.
I used to think it would be nice to have a reunion of sorts with that certain someone in my youth that I seemed to carry a torch for so many years. But since growing older and maybe wiser, I have found that it really doesn't matter all that much if you are happy with your life or who you are with, there is no need to find out if they thought about you at all.
So I can't think of another choice as I don't think I want to see my mom as I don't want to hear her keep telling me "I told you so"...(regarding living with my dad!) :)

William J. said...

Hi Bev

The reunion was kind of boring but it was worth an hour of my time. I do wish they would have spent more time with Jeff and Carla for instance/

I really understand your comment about your kids. And I think you talking about Gilbert on CompuServe. He must have been one hell of a man.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I had to laugh at your comment about your Mom telling you she told you so about living with your dad!

Top Chef was boring this season, it wasn't near as exciting as past years.

I wondered who that was with you on the profile picture! How sad about the car accident, she died way to soon.

Great Post, Dona!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Reunions... interesting to think about. I can't narrow it down to just one of each. I'd like to spend time with Barb, a dear friend from Mpls days. We exchange Christmas cards and letters, but I'd like to sit down for a weekend and really talk, like we used to. And I'd like to spend time with CJ, the therapist who saved me from myself in many ways, see how she's doing, what she's doing. And spend a few hours with my first guitar teacher, who was 72 at the time and I hope still going strong.

As to the dead, definitely my dad. I'd like to know what he's been doing the last thirty-one years, if he's connected wtih all the other loved ones we shared, if he met my late husband, if my critters showed up to be with him (he loved animals), if he has a chance to help people in Heaven, whether with welding or listening, as he was so good at doing. And, yes, I'd like to talk to him about Mom and what's best, in his eyes, for her. Goodness knows I only get more muddled as each day goes by.

William J. said...

Hi Dr

It was hard to narrow down and if you include animals there are Pepper the dog and Dolly the pony from my childhood years and Katie the cat.

I hope some day you and Barbara can sit down and have a cup of coffee! My first guess is that the guitar teacher is still playing on! My second guess is our dads are looking down smiling and reading this! I always think they are watching over us.

Bill