Sunday, March 29, 2009

Where Did My Together Go?

I'm usually a pretty together person. Or at least I think I am. Give it to me, I can handle it. I may complain about it but I can handle it. However, lately I think my together either escaped or went on vacation. I've been looking for it. If anyone finds my together could you please send it to me? It is sorely missed.

I guess when you have three jobs, a mom to care for, and the normal things we all do in our daily lives you get so busy that you do really stupid things. Here is a list of things I did in the last week that I would make fun of other people for doing:

Looked for glasses that I was wearing.

Dialed a phone number to call a client but our receptionist answered. I dialed the number of the firm I was working at. The receptionist thought it was a riot, I was mortified. I placed a reminder on my phone "do not call the number you are dialing from."

Locked my keys in the car. I had another set though.

Forgot to take a shower one day. Took two showers the next day to make up for it.

Forgot to eat dinner one night. Was pleased when I got on the scale.

Put the coffee in the fridge instead of its normal place in the cupboard. Had to buy coffee on the way to work until I found the can of coffee.

Forgot to pay a bill, I'm pretty sure my 805 rating won't suffer but I did for being so stupid. Paid the next month in advance.

OK, am I alone here? Or do some of you get so busy with caring for a parents or children, taking care of husbands, taking kids to music lessons or sporting events, or shopping, or whatever, that you do things you would never do? Things you just stop and shake your head and ask yourself "Why did I just do that?" I'm entering new territory here. Maybe the person upstairs is getting even with me for me shaking my head and asking others "Why did you just do that?" I've gone from being together to wondering if maybe the drug companies could develop a smart pill for us to take during busy times.

Inquiring minds want to know. And if you find my together email me for the address to send it to.

10 comments:

Mary Z said...

Gee, I'm glad that NEVER happens to ME. Yeah, right!

Pat said...

Sorry I can't find your together for you, but I'm sure it'll return about April 16th.

I wish I'd forget to eat dinner now and then. If I forget to take something out of the freezer, which is often, I make do with something high in calories, like peanut butter toast.

I don't forget showers (so far), but when I'm in the shower, I'll forget what I've washed and what I haven't. Hmmm... did I already do the left leg/foot or the right one?

I take off my glasses and toss them on the bed when I'm putting on an over-the-head shirt. Then I can't see to find them.

My car won't let me lock the door if the key's in the ignition, which is a Very Nice Feature which I often use.

I don't forget much else, but I very often put things off until the next day/week/month, which may be worse. Not bills, at least not so far. I'd take that smart pill if it was available, and hope for a "get organized" pill to go with it.

dona said...

Ok, Now I really feel like I am at home here.

I look for my glasses all the time when I have them on. Or on top of my head.
I also don't forget to take the shower, but forget what I washed and what I haven't.
I don't think I have called a place I was at before..but have called someone and asked the question.."are you home"?
I would also like to forget to eat dinner...and lunch...gee that would be terrific.
I put all kinds of things in the fridge that don't belong there. My husband says I drive him nuts with putting things in weird places.
I will put a load of clothes in the washer and forget to shut the lid.

Don't worry Bill, you are not alone. I think you will find you have plenty of company.
You just have too much on your plate for now, well from what I read not too much just a different assortment for the time being.
Its all good. :)

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

I'm sure that stuff never happens to you!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

If I forget to take something out of the freezer I just nuke it.

I never remember what I've washed when I am in the shower that it why the showers take me so long!

I wish I had that no locking feature on my car!

Maybe we can event smart pills and organized pills and become billionaires!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Welcome home!

Ok, Now I really feel like I am at home here.

Funny about calling people and asking if they were home! That is something I would do.

I'd love to see your fridge!

I'm glad to know I am not alone!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Ah, the comfort of like folks! As you can see, you're not alone, Bill. I contend that it's "system overload" and there's just too much to do, remember, organize, as well as information overload from all sides.

Haven't looked for glasses when wearing them. Have tossed them on the bed to change clothes and not been able to find them. So far, pay bills on time, but have let gift cards lapse and I forgot to use the converter coupons before expiration date. Have found myself opening the office refrigerator to put away the Windex, which belongs in the adjacent closet and putting frozen waffles on the pantry shelf.

My brother contends that everytime I get it together, someone strings a wire, trips me and I have to start all over again. He also contends that he got it all together, but he can't remember where he put it.

Nope, it's system overload and periodically the system crashes as a result. When that happens, even lists don't seem to help. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

William J. said...

Hi Dr!

It is comforting to know that I am not the only one losing it.

I've tossed my glasses on the bed and sat on them.

I like your story and I'm sticking to it too!

Bill

dona said...

Hey I've tossed my glasses on the bed and sat on them too!


Wow, I'll stick to the story too!

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I'm glad I am not the only one that sits on my glasses!

Bill