Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Perfect Square Day

I haven't got a lot of time to post a long post today as it is getting crunch time for CPAs and I just can't think of any appropriate April Fool's jokes to post today. In person maybe. But on a blog? They would come across as to serious.

So what I thought I would post today is a math problem (quirk) that we won't see again for 4,007 years. A perfect square day. Next one happens in 6016. Multiply 2003 times 2003 and see what the answer is. It might tell you what today is!

Hope this day is filled with fun and appropriate jokes for all of you. Laughter for everyone!

8 comments:

Lady DR said...

We did get to do April Fool today. At line dance, after the first break, everyone took the floor, Barbara went very quickly through the steps for the next dance up, started the music and, after about 30 seconds, realized everyone else was standing still as corn stalks. The look on her face was priceless, as she turned to say, "Did you all really forget...."

Pat said...

Wow, DR, an *organized* April Fool joke! Nicely done!

I escaped being be-joked today, as I only ventured out of the house to visit my mom, and she isn't much for jokes these days. However, we had a nice, if jokeless, visit, so I'm happy with the day.

Still waiting to see if that new worm/virus everybody is on tenterhooks about will strike before the day is out. And what the heck it's supposed to do, anyway.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Way to go with the organized joke! That took everyone working together, the best type of joke!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I escaped the virus and hope you did too!

Bill

Pat said...

I escaped the virus, too, Bill. But I don't worry much about such things since I'm running on Linux. Did that dreaded virus actually do anything?

Unknown said...

Hi Bill, that's clever, the 2003 squared. How did you come up with it?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I often thing those warnings are over done. I guess it is good to better than safe or sorry. But I have a backup computer if this one goes on the fritz. And I know how to restore and reset. So I am not going to lose any sleep over something I really know nothing about.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Snug

I basically stole it from the local newspaper.

A local professor discovered it and wanted to make it more national and I think he succeeded since it was in the USA Today on 4-1 also.

Bill