Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm Back

After the exhausting visit of an old love I took a couple of days off from the blog, email, and anything that required thinking. There was a lot that went on during the visit that I didn't report on like the number of times I was asked "how much are you going to inherit when your Mom dies?" It was so mentally free not having her here the last few days that I just kind of went with the rest that I thought that I needed.

The visit, however, did not sway me from the path of looking for someone to share my life with. I still think that would add a wonderful dimension to my life. It just isn't going to be the old love that was here. I'm going to take some cooking classes, maybe some dancing classes, go to Events and Adventures, etc. I'm not the bitter type. Nor am I the type to condemn an entire gender for the actions of one very misguided woman.

The agenda this week is pretty much open. I'm going to write on the book an hour every day the rest of the week. There is also of course the morning walks. The new Will Smith movie is calling me. Some visits to Mom to get the things she needs. Plus the lawns at the two houses, Mom's and mine. Then there are a couple of work assignments that the guys that bought my business gave me. Plus the blog.

Thank you all for being there for me and commenting on my guest. You are a great support system.

May this be a great day for all of you.

10 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Glad to see you back, Bill. I like your positive attitude.

William J. said...

Hi Bev.

Thank you. It is always nice to see you here.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Glad you're back and survived the visit, although I suspect partly with gritted teeth. Also glad to see you're not viewing your visitor as typical of the female gender -- most of us are much more positive speciments. Getting out and doing things sounds like a good plan, as much for your mental health as the chance to meet new people.

Happy writing!

Mary Z said...

What did you say when she asked you about how much your mother would leave? I hope you told her it was none of her f...ing business. Of course, you didn't - you're much too polite. But maybe you came up with some euphemism.

Taking classes is always a good way to meet people. And you know there's already some common interest - by virtue of your taking the same class.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The writing actually took an improved turn now that the old demons are out of the way like the visitor from hell. After what you said about character development lacking in other novels, I read some of the middle again and it isn't as boring as I thought but it more character introdcution than development. That will come a little bit later.

I love women to much to make the actions of one of the gender the guiding light to what they are about.

Bill

William J. said...

Hello Mary Z

The first time I ignored the question, the second time I told her my sister would get everything but there wouldn't be anything left due to the high cost of assisted living. I was close to telling her it was none of her business but was trying to maintain since I knew she was leaving the next day.

Classes are good for a number of reasons, the ones you mentioned and they keep the mind active.

Bill

Pat said...

Glad to see you back, Bill. Your plans for the future sound really good to me. I never doubted for a moment that you wouldn't condemn all of us females because of one bad 'un. I can't believe she asked you that even once, let alone a "number of times". Your answers were just right, though "none of your effing business" might have been more on point.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Always good to see you here. My normal reaction was none of your effing business but I wanted to maintain and not have an argument since she was leaving the next morning.

Bill

dona said...

Oh my Gosh, Bill, how did you get through the visit? Some women are just rude. I am glad you know we are not all that way! :)

Good luck in all your new adventures.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I like women better than men so I know they aren't like the one that was here. She was very nice at one time she just changed in a way I didn't like. Maybe some other man will like her the way she is now. That man just won't be me lol.

Bill