Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Investments, Stiffness, and Cards From The Visitor

Hello there everyone. Been a busy few days. I took a big step and invested into a beauty products company. The company is a start-up company so it is a huge risk but it could also have a huge reward. Because of where the company is at I was able to buy a small percentage of the company for about 25% of what it would have normally cost. It was still spendy. But my IRA money market has been hitting the skids so it seemed doable to me. I will either lose my investment or make a fortune. In the interest of full disclosure my niece and sister are also owners of the company. The product is a skin product that hydrates skin and cleans up blemishes. It is a vitamin based cocktail powder that you add to any drink that you enjoy drinking or even add it to ice cream or do what I did this morning and add it to cereal. I've tried the product and it really seemed to work. The blemishes that I had are pretty much gone. Where the company is now is that CVS Pharmacy has placed an order to put the product in their stores but the company doesn't have enough cash on hand to order the ingredients it needs to fill the orders it is getting. That is where my cash comes in. Maybe it will turn out to be a really dumb idea, maybe it will make me set for life. It won't be known for at least a year. And I am purposely not naming the company because I'm not going to use my blog to promote products, even if I have an interest in the product!

I know realize I have arms and shoulders. I went to the driving range yesterday and hit the ball pretty well. However, not having used those parts of my body for much the last few years the arms and shoulders were hard to move and now they harder to move because they are stiff as can be. I'm optimistic that I will live to use my arms and shoulders again. Probably tomorrow or the day after. The driving range was fun and the lesson was I need more excercise than just walking. My legs are stong, now the arms and shoulders will follow.

Each of the last two days I received a thank you card in the mail from my visitor, Kate. The first card was to thank me for letting her stay in mom's house, the second was for thanking me to take her to visit mom. She also said she is feeling much better now that she is back in Arizona. I don't know what to think of the cards, one would have been enough. I'm not getting sucked back in, my mind is pretty firm about moving on.

May this be a great evening and tomorrow be a great day for all of you.

6 comments:

Kaye R said...

Hi Bill!

Good luck with the new investment adventure! Not just for you, your sis and neice... but to all of us who could use this! Most creams and lotions don't seem to a thing for me. This sounds like something a physician would approve of, i.e. improve yourself from the inside, out.

Congrats on taking up golf again. MmmMmmm.. maybe that's something I should do? I've never played. I just remember my Dad coming home from a round of golf, only to toss the bag of clubs into the garage and swear he'd never touch them again.... just to do it all again the next weekend.

I wouldn't worry too much about the two cards in two days. She probably just forgot to include the additional TY in the 1st card. Now.. if they keep coming... yeah, worry :)

Have a great day tomorrow!
Kaye

William J. said...

Hello There Kaye

Golf is a good way to meet guys. It can be a little on the expensive side so the guys you meet will have a job or be on the welathier side. The problem is that golf is a lot harder then in looks which is why your dad was so in and out about golf. You also always think you can do better. To break a 100 it usually takes fifteen our twenties times playing golf to get to that point. The fifth I played I got a 91, the sixth time a 167. So up and down.

No card from the lady yesterday so maybe the string of cards has stopped.

As to the product I invested, it was forumulated by a well known chemist but hasn't been approved by doctors. A lot of movie starlets have ordered it. There are several testimonies from people that have used it. I'm hoping I made the right investment but if I lose my investment I still gave my sister some confidence by believing in her. You can't put a price on that.

Bill

Pat said...

Beauty products, huh? Pretty risky, but it's nice that you want to help your niece and sister. Personally, I distrust all such claims, having tried a few creams and things that did no more than ordinary cold cream, but I hope you all have a major success with your product and I'll look for reports on it. CVS is a great outlet, so I hope they can get what they need to get in there.

Good luck with the golf. You'll get over the sore muscles soon if you keep it up. And good luck on no more cards from the woman with two names, too.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I tried the driving range again today and already over the soreness. So it is coming along well. I hit the ball a lot better than I thought I would.

I gave them what they need to get the product in CBS Pharmacy. So it will be in the stores within three weeks. I don't like the creams either because I've had the same problem as you had. But before investing I tried the product and it worked. Even cleared up my psrosis (sp.)

Bill

Pat said...

Back again, Bill. Glad your soreness is gone and you're back golfing.

Do let me know (privately, if you want to keep it that way) when your product hits CVS, and I'll give it a try. If it clears up psoriasis, that'll be good, though I really have little trouble with that these days. I think I just grew out of the bad part.

William J. said...

Pat

I don't want you to buy the product as I can get it at a discount and will send you the first patch free.

It make take a couple of weeks for me to get it but I will make sure you get the first batch free.

Bill