Saturday, September 20, 2008

Only In Oregon

Hello Everyone

Had to have an extra key made for Mom's house so I went to McCann's Pharmacy in King City, Oregon which is near Mom's house. While waiting for the key to be made I was reading the bulletin board for different events in the community. Saw an advertisement for a Farmers' Market in Tigard, Oregon the neighboring community to King City. Now usually weekend Farmers' Markets are held in downtown portions of the little cities around Oregon or they are held in parks. Nope not Tigard's Farmers' Market. Know where the City of Tigard, Oregon Farmers' Market is held? In the parking lot of Young's Funeral Home. Only in Oregon. I guess you could say that the Tigard Farmers' Market is a place people are dying to get into.

Sister and her husband are arriving from Utah tonight to put the finishing touches on Mom's remodel and to help with the move of Mom to home. Even though our politics are so different I love my sister a lot because she gives so much. She told me anytime I want to travel let her know and they would be up here on a day's notice. Bless her heart.

I do have one concern about their visit. When sis and her husband are here we go out for dinner a lot with Mom. My sister and mom won't order until I do. They want to know what I am going to have and then order the exact same thing I do! Brother-in-law is on his own, he always orders the most expensive thing on the menu but sis and Mom, no they wait for me. I've tried waiting until last to order but sis and Mom outwait me. So when I order I have to make sure I order not only something healthy for me but also something healthy for my mom and my sis! Such Pressure! Hmmm wonder what they would do if I only ordered a drink. Any suggestions out there on how I handle this tense situation?

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Lady DR said...

Wish I could help, but haven't a single suggestion. When Mom and I go out, I tend to order a salad or something healthy, since I'm trying to be a better eater and example. Makes no difference at all, regardless of venue. At McD's, I order the grilled chicken salad and she orders a Big Mac & fries. At Ruby Tuesdays, I order the salad bar and she orders fried something or other. At the Roadhouse, I order a lean sirloin and salad, she orders fried catfish. I guess I'd say just be grateful your mom follows your lead in ordering something healthy!

Kaye R said...

Bill.... Sweetie... Mr. Worries-to-Much.... order what YOU want. Some time she'll order the same thing and not like it... or will know that's not what she really wants and will finally order something different. You're living for Bill now, remember? (smiles)

Try it.. see what happens. If it doesn't work out... hit me with your pepper spray!

Pat said...

I'm with Kaye. Order what YOU want and damn the torpedoes. Mom and sis won't starve. In fact, from the evidence of the photos, you're eating in a very healthy way, so let them follow your lead if they want to and don't worry about it.

Funny about the Farmers' Market. One parking lot is as good as another, I guess.

William J. said...

Hi Dr

Aren't mom's fun?

I love the Asian Chicken Salad at McD's but your mom can have all the catfish she wantss. I don't really like seafood unless it is salt water taffy.

Bill

William J. said...

Kaye

Is pepper spray an aphrodisiac?

What me worry? I really only worry about worrying to much.

What live for me? That is a new concept for me.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Maybe I will order what my brother in law orders then we will all either have the same thing or most likely mom or sis would never order the most expensive thing on the menu, think I will try that tonight!

Thanks for the comment about me eating healthy it really is appreciated. Now if only there was an annual meeting of the group again this year everyone would be shocked at the change in me!

I just believe the city of Tigard, Oregon would have even considered using the parking lot of a funeral home when they have a beautiful little downtown area!

Bill

Mary said...

I wish the group would have a meeting this year. Tricia and I have been trying to get one going, but nobody else seems real interested. Maybe they'll come if you organize it!

William J. said...

Hi Mary

I can't even organize my own life now let alone a get together!

Have a safe trip!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Here's a trick Bill...Order something, then let them copy your order, then change your order to what you really wanted in the first place! Works every time!

William J. said...

Hi Lisa

Good to see you, hope things are well with you and yours. Sounds like a great idea!

Couldn't watch DWTS liive last night because of the comedy class so am off to watch in now.

Will report on DWTS tomorrow

Bill