Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman

A man I could look up to. In his career he gave his all, in his life he gave his millions to those less fortunate than he was, and in his marriage he gave his love to Joanne Woodward once being quoted as he wouldn't stray because "why have hamburger when you have steak at home."

Paul Newman. January 26, 1925 to September 27, 2008.

I hope in heaven you will meet another man that I could look up to, my dad. If you do have a beer with him.

Paul Newman a man I could look up to, you will be missed.

http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/legendary-actor-paul-newman-dies/192171?icid=200100125x1210509935x1200616487

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This obit is wonderful:

http://www.slate.com/id/2201116

William J. said...

Hi Ellen

What a great obit. Newman wasn't just a great actor, he was a great human being.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Thanks for sharing the site for the obit, Bill. It's beautifully done.

I'm not a big celebritiy fan but, like you, I had a tremendous amount of respect for Paul Newman, for all he did and all he was. I developed a huge soft spot for him and his "Hole in the Wall" camps. Silly as it may seem, when I saw the headline, I felt as if I'd lost a friend and the country had lost an icon worth emulating. We don't have a lot of heroes left and he was one of mine.

William J. said...

Hi Dr

Like you I'm not a big celebrity fan either and also like you I felt like I lost a good friend when I saw that Paul Human, as one of the kids referred to him, died.

He was also one of my heroes. There just aren't any men left that we can look up to.

Pat said...

That's a lovely obit (thanks, Ellen). I didn't know about the Hole in the Wall camps... what a wonderful thing for him to do. He was indeed admirable.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Wish there were more like him.


Bill