Monday, September 29, 2008

Tonight's Class, The Amazing Race, and Vote on Tomorrow.

Here is the email I received about tonight's class:

CSz 101 PHYSICAL SPACE 9/29/08 Class starts at 7:30 pm. Learn to Grasp the topic and Bring Life to the Square. Throw in a little Pole Dancing, and you've got a physical space workshop. You will no longer need real props in your life, you can just manipulate space. Be there to see it, believe it, and learn how to use props in a scene, when they don't really exist!--

Improvisationally yours,

Herb Spice

Oh, oh, me pole dancing? Not a Pretty sight.


On to The Amazing Race. It may not seem like it but I watch very little TV. Friday Night Lights and Boston Legal. Dancing With The Stars, Top Chef, and The Amazing Race.

Friday Night Lights I watch because according to my married friends it portrays marriage in a very realistic way.

Boston Legal I watch because I love the relationship between Alan Short and Denny Crane. Two straight guys that talk about fears and life at the end of each show.

Dancing With The Stars because it shows people going way out of their comfort zones to improve. Plus I love the elegance of some of the dances and I am hooked.

Top Chef because is shows that talent doesn't always win and that sometimes you have to step back and be a part of team rather than a one man/woman show.

The Amazing Race because it takes me to parts of the world I will never visit and it teaches me how couples solve problems and often how they solve differences between them. The Amazing Race started last night on CBS.

Unfortunately my favorite couple was eliminated on the first show. From Oregon a couple of hippie beekeepers, Anita and Arthur. They would have been fun.

I am not going to mention all eleven teams just a few to give examples of what I find intriguing about the show and what I think I can learn from it:

Ken and Tina are a separated married couple. He is an ex professional football player that cheated on his wife that lead to the separation. They entered The Amazing Race to see if they can repair their relationship and get back together. Traveling around the world in a quest to win a million dollars certainly should provide some answers for them!

Anthony and Stephanie referred to as "newly dating". What is newly dating? Second date? A trip around the world where you are with each other twenty-four hours a day for eleven weeks might be a hell of a second date, no? It will be interesting to see what develops between these two.

Aja and Ty referred to as "long distance daters". Now I have always thought a long distance relationship would be perfect for me and a very independent woman. But at some point the distances need to close and will these two move closer after the race?

Toni and Dallas. Mother and Son. Even in my mom's good health days, I am not sure we would make a good team in a contest. Be interesting to watch this team.

Last night's winners were siblings Nick and Starr. My brother and I could do The Amazing Race and we would have a shot at winning it and we would be laughing all the way. I'm not sure I could do it with my sister though. Be interesting to see how a brother and sister team holds up to the rigors of around the world travel.

OK, I need your guidance. Tomorrow Mom moves so I will be spending most of the morning helping mom move. Then tomorrow afternoon I will post a blog entry. The blog entry will either be a summary of Dancing With The Stars or a summary of week four of my comedy class. You the readers get to choose. OK, would you rather hear how the hunk Rocco dances on Dancing With The Stars or would you rather hear about the possibility of me pole dancing? Your choice!

10 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, Bill, no contest there! I want to hear about the class. DWTS will be going on forever, and while I may miss it tonight, I'll probably catch a recap tomorrow.

I watch all those shows, too. In fact, I'm on a "reality show" kick lately, with the ones you mention plus Project Runway, Tabatha and the hair salons, sometimes Flipping Out, Kitchen Nightmares and Dragons' Den. My life is one guilty pleasure after another.

I'm liking The Mentalist, too. Mostly because I really like Simon Baker. And old favorites Desperate Housewives and Brothers & sisters. Way too much tv!

As to the relationship between Alan Shore and Denny Crane, don't forget their occasional "sleepover". Nonsexual, I shall point out for those who don't watch Boston legal.

Anonymous said...

Class! Class! Class!

(Yes, I know I just voted more than once.)

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I heard really good things about both Project Runway and Tabitha. Project Runway is by the same producers as Top Chef. I've never heard of the mentalist.

Nothing wrong with a life of guilty pleasures!

I love the sleepovers between Crane and Shore. It just cracks me up.

OK one vote for the class.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Ellen

I hope you vote that many times in November!

OK four votes for the class.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Okay, First, I want to hear about the pole dancing. I picture your new bod in a bikini... well, we won't go any further than that.

Secondly, I want to hear how the move home for Mom goes. All, the gory details, since this situation is near and dear to my heart, both because of the past years exchanges and my current (selfish) interest.

Mom will give me all the details on DWTS, so I'm being selfish.

William J. said...

Hi DR

LOL no bikini for me. That would mean a bikini wax and I'm not up for that yet.

OK, tomorrow afternoon it will be the class. The thing that struck home tonight is how much the class is helping with my writing.

Bill

Bev Sykes said...

Well, the CLASS, of course. I watch DWTS and can find out how it goes myself. I want pictures of you pole dancing! LOL.

And BTW, that mother and son combo is from Davis. (I don't know them, but I read it in the local paper)

And I am with Pat--I also watch Project Runway and Shear Genius and I LOVED "Greatest American Dog."

William J. said...

Hi Bev

All I have to say about last night, Chippendale's here I come!

Off to help mom move and then will report on the class this afternoon.

Bill

Kaye R said...

Ok... I'm late, but my vote would be for the class, too! (I'm also watching DWTS). LOL at the bikini wax... not up to that? ooOOooo you have no idea!!

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

I love all the women that post and read here. You all have been so supportive with the class!

I'm can promise you that the two most unlikely things that I will do in my lifetime is to wear a bikini or have a bikini wax.

Bill