Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 3 Of The 08 Freeze - THE SHINING

Heeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee’s Johnnnnny, On Day 3 of being housebound it was either look for the axe and scare the neighborhood or attempt to go out and fight the elements. First, it was a walk to the Shell station not to far from here. I stopped at the parking lot because it was a sheet of ice and only a fool would have attempted to walk on it. Then I walked to Safeway. I turned around at the back entrance to their parking lot because again the parking lot was a sheet of ice and it would have been foolish to attempt going across the parking lot to the salted entrance to the store. I waited an hour and drove to Safeway. I had no trouble. Well except walking into the store. It was a little slippery but not near as bad as it was on the attempted walk over there. They courtesy clerk was salting the parking lot and when I finished shopping the parking lot was as safe as it has been in several days. While at the store I bought two big bags of deicer and two big bags of cat litter. Both are great in the snow, when I walked to the mail box I salted all the slippery spots. I also salted the road at the stop sign in front of my house. Since I am bored I might as well make it safer for others.

The latest on the Woodburn, Oregon bombing is there was a second arrest in the case. The father of the first suspect arrested was also arrested. I guess bomb making and murder are father-son activities. Seems like going to ball games together would have been a little better activity.

On a sad note, I heard my favorite pod cast suspended production due to not being able to find funding. I’m to bummed to write about it now. I will post about it tomorrow when I get my thoughts together. I hope the farewell for the Satellite Sisters will turn into a happy return. We need more women voices in both radio and television.

A dumb joke for the day. Know why Santa comes down the chimney? It soots him.

I hope none of you are housebound recreating scenes from The Shining!

4 comments:

Kaye R said...

lol - well.. lol at the Santa joke. I hadn't heard that one.

BTW: (don't laugh... there are a lot of neat things on QVC), but on QVC.com they have these neat little rubber thingies you just fit over your shoes and TAADAA!! you can walk on ice. Let me know if you're interested... I think it's like 2 pair for under $20.

Have the axe urges subsided any?

Therapy Shirl said...

I've been wondering how you were faring with that awful weather! I would feel just as trapped as you described and "The Shining" is a perfect description! I hope the great thaw occurs and that you do, indeed, find a place in LA! If that does not work, then go to Mexico!

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

All the axe urges have subsided!

I will have to look at those little rubber things.

Bill

William J. said...

SHIRLEY!!

Wow so nice to see you. Hope things are better weather wise in Houston, I actually heard a rumor that you got snow!

If things worked out properly I would be in Portland for the Summers and LA for the winters!

Again nice to see you here.

Kaye that posts here is from Austin.

Bill