Monday, December 17, 2007

Sacred Circle

I was going to do newsclips today but it is a slow news day and what is interesting is negative so it is Sacred Circle Day.

I've held off telling most people that I have a blog. I wanted to get used to all the features before going public with it. Compose. Edit. What mistakes I continue to make. I've noticed that writers will often make the same mistake over and over. It isn't that they don't know the correct way, it is that there is something in their brains that distorts what they want to do when it goes from the brain to the screen/paper. For me it is leaving off y's, wrong tenses, and because I never have just one thing on my mind often leaving off major parts of a sentence.

I've told three people that I have a blog. One a friend from the DWTS message board. The other two are members of a Sacred Circle that was formed several years ago after several us from CompuServe did an online Julie Cameron's Artist Way Workshop together. I loved Compuserve, they had the easiest message board to follow and use that I've ever seen. Then AOL bought it out and ruined it. But I digress. The Artist Way Workshop was a thirteen week course to help you get in touch with your creativity. Sure it had some drawbacks but it was worth it. After the course three of us decided to form a group where we could report in on a weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly basis. How our journals were coming. What we are grateful for. What we did on our Artist Dates (not a date date but where you go out by yourself and do something you wouldn't normally do.) If we experienced synchronicity (sp). The other two are happily married women whom I was fortunate to meet in person at a Compuserve get together in Boulder, Colorado in 1990. One road with me from the airport to the hotel where the gathering was being held, the other believed me when I told her I knew my wallet was laying on the ground in the parking lot of the Tattered Covered Book Store forty miles away in Denver and took me there. Yup the wallet was there, all four hndred dollars in tact, no credit cards missing and I had to keep a promise that I made to her to go to church the next Sunday. One is a writer. The other a therapist. One has written romance novels and an amazing book called When Someone You Love has cancer. She wrote the book after her husband died of cancer. The book is now out of print but could probably be obtained at Powells.com. The other went back to college in her late forties and received an advance degree, MSW. She then became head of a counseling center. I've met one of their husbands when they visted Portland and we went to dinner at Higgins. Nice, handsome, intelligent man. I've talked to the other husband on the phone. Caring, nice, in love. I feel fortunate to be part of a group with two accomplished women that I am proud to call friends. I feel a little guilty though because so much has been going on in my life the last few years that I've been really remiss in doing check-ins. This blog is a start to get back in with the group's good graces. This is really my journal. Later today the email responses to their check-ins.

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I'm pleased to hear that someone is still in touch with DR. I think of her frequently and wonder how she is doing. Please send her my best wishes.

William J. said...

Thank you, Bev. It is really nice to see you here. DR is dealing with some of the issues that a lot of us are. The taking care of her Mom who moved from to S.C. from Washington. Dr just had successful cataract surgery and says she can see rally good without contacts now.

Thanks again for your comment.

Pat said...

I was also glad to see you're still in touch with DR. I miss her in the group, so maybe you can do some virtual arm-twisting to get her back.

Just a thought. If all else fails, please give her my regards. And keep blogging.

William J. said...

Thank you, Pat. I am going to email her and let her know you and Bev are thinking of her. I really miss a lot of the ones that used to hang around the Womens'Issues Forum. Wonder what ever happened to Sasha or the other Julie.

I am going to keep on blogging. I'm sort of letting the word out now. When I send my letter to my clients about my sale on Thursday I won't have the professional relationsip with some of them so can let a few of the chosen ones know.