Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Top Tens

According to Shawn Levy the movie critic for the Portland, Oregonian the top ten movies of 2007 were as follows:

1. The Lives of Others
2. Once
3. No Country For Old Men
4. I'm Not There
5. There Will Be Blood
6. Ratatoulile
7. Tie Dance Party USA and Quiet City
8. Michael Clayton
9. Eastern Promises
10. Local Documentaries

Personally I'd take out number 10 and Put Atonement in there.

According to The Oregonian the top ten news stories were

1. Virginia Tech killings
2. Mortgage crisis
3. Iraq War
4. Oil Prices
5. Recalls
6. Global Warming
7. Interstate 35 bridge collapse in Minneapolis
8. Presidential campaign
9. Immigration Debate
10. Iran nuclear progam.

I'd take out the recalls and put in the Steroid usage in Baseball.

I'd take out oil prices, hell they have been going up for eight years why is that such a story now? I'd replace it with the decline in the value of the dollar and the deficit.

I don't think I could do a top ten personal story list as my life isn't all that exciting but my top personal stories in 2007.

1. Finding out after a couple of months of worry that I didn't have bone cancer just an infection. Get a second opinion people.

2. My lovely Aunt Ella passing away in March. She will be missed.

3. The lovely letters that I received from clients when they found out that I was considering selling my practice. I'm the luckiest CPA in the world to have such nice clients. I adore them.

4. The Scrabble games with my 92 year-old Mom.

5. The Christmas card from my sister telling me how important I was to her and her husband.

6. The weekly breakfasts and annual dinner with my friend Ted who is so far out of my league it is pitiful. He is a senator's attorney, knows presidents of universities, met kings and queens and likes to spend time with a basic nobody like myself. Sure I have awards, sure I've been published a few minor times, sure I've saved a life or two, yes Dennis Day did direct traffic for me once but Ted is out of my league. I just love him for being so down to earth, for his genrosity, for his kindness and am looking forward to dinner with now that he is back from California.

7. Time with my brother and my favorite nephew, Ryan, we go to basketball and football games.

8. The signing of the papers to sell my business. Now I can work on the great American novel.

9. Last but not least the Christmas gifts my Mom gave me. She never asks for anyone's help and she had to ask someone to go shopping for her because she wasn't able to do it herself. That is a big step for her. The two gifts she got me was a pedometer and a nice coat from Macy's. The first will help me with my fitness goals. The second came about because of a radio show I listen to hosted by five with it women. I already have a couple of new suits because one of the hostesses says she likes men in suits. Then another hostess said she liked men in coats so I told mom that is what I wanted for Christmas. Think it about guys, if you want to attract women can you think of a better source to learn how to do it then from women themselves?

What are your top ten movies, top personal stories, or top news stories?

No comments: