Monday, March 17, 2008

Let The Dancing Begin

Tonight is the start of season 6 of Dancing With The Stars and I can hardly wait! It is just such a fun show. I love the elegance of the dance, the romance of men and women having to trust and depend on each other to succeed, the costumes, and that generations have a TV show that they can watch together. I can watch Dacning With The Stars with my 92 year-old mom and the only time I get embarrased is when mom says she would like to take Jonathan Roberts out behind the barn.

This is how I see the order of finish. Of course I base this on not having seen any of them dance and anyone of them could surprise me which gives me the prerogative to change my mind as the season progresses. I am basing this current selections on fan base and in some cases age because I think Pricilla Presley will have a hard time with the speed of the Latin Dances.

First elimination - Marissa Janet Winoko-Ton Dovoloni

Second - Penn Jillette-Kym Johnson

Third - Shannon Elizabeth - Derek Hough

Fourth - Adam Corolla - Julianne

Fifth - Marlee Matlin - Fabian Sanchez

Sixth - Christian de la Fuente - Cheryl Burke

Seventh - Pricilla Presley - Louis Van Amstal

Eighth - Steve Guttenberg - Anna Trebunskaya

Ninth - Mario - Karina Smirnoff

Tenth - Jason Taylor - Edyta Sliwinska

Eleventh - Monica Seles - Jonathan Roberts

AND YOUR SEASON 6 CHAMP

Kristi Yamaguchi - Mark Ballas

Fourth - Adam Corolla - Julianne Hough

LET THE DANCING BEGIN

May this be a romantic day for all of you!

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Loved opening night. I'm anxious to see how the woman do tonight. Don't know who my favorite is of the men yet. I liked them all and if I had voted (I didn't), I would have voted for the ones who danced less well because they were all so endearing.

William J. said...

Hi Bev

I didn't vote either, I usually wait for a couple of weeks before voting. I really loved Steve Guttenberg for his attitude, it was just so charming. This is the way I ranked the dancers last night:

Jason Taylor

Mario - thought he was overscored.

Christian

Guttenberg

Penn

Adam

I read somewhere that dancing, expecially the Latin Dances, was where the man relinquised the power to the woman, the woman responds in a romantic way, the two find middle ground, and together through teamwork create a beautiful artistic expression.

Adam never gave up the power and the dance show it.

Bill