Monday, March 31, 2008

Update on Writing Project

Hello there. Thank you to all of you with all your supportive comments about my writing. It has really motivated me to spend more time on my writing project. I finally completed going through two thousand pages of research and eliminated the stories and information that I don't really need. Then I organized the remaining stories. Now I am in the process of transferring those stories to computer files. I've also completed the Introduction, Chapters One and Two, the last chapter and the Epilogue. I wrote the last two chapters before Chapter three so that I can direct the story to it. I've also decided it is better to write the chapter that is my mind at the time rather than to spend mental time thinking about the next chapter when I already have a chapter ready to go to the paper. I figure any chapter is better than none and that I can organize the chapters after getting them on the paper.

I am hoping to have the first draft done by May 1st. You folks really have been a boost to my confidence and when (notice not if) I complete the first draft you will all have been an important part of it. Because of you I am actually enjoying writing again and the last chapter and the epilogue is probably some of the best writing I've done. Thank you again!

May this be a great day for all of you!

5 comments:

Pat said...

It's great that you're proceeding so well on the book, Bill. Every successful writer seems to advise that, "If you want to be a writer, write! Write something every day". Looks like you're doing that, and I'm sure you'll get there this time. Can't wait to read it!

William J. said...

Pat

Hope the pain form your last ankle surgery is getting less and less. What an experience that has been for you.

I wrote the beggining and ending really easily now connecting the two is the most difficult part. I'm giving it my best shot.

DanaRae tried to post but google frustrated her so much she went to email instead. She told me to not worry about writing it in order and do what I am doing.

Thanks for your support!!

Sian said...

Excellant that you feel so motivated! Glad the writing is going well for you. Look forward to hearing you have finished the first draft!! Sian

William J. said...

Hi Sian

Always nice to those from across the pond here.

You were one of the ones that motivated me with their comments!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!