Sunday, March 9, 2008

Top Chef

One of my favorite shows starts Wednesday night at 10 p.m. (9 central) on the Bravo Channel. Sixteen chefs compete for a prize of a hundred grand that they can use to start their own restaurant. Top Chef Chicago. For more information about the show go to this link:

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/4//index.php

What is interesting to me now is the At Home Challenge which is according to the web page:

AUDACIOUS BURGER

Attention Whole Foods Market shoppers AND Top Chef fans! Your At-Home Quickfire Challenge is to create a burger inspired by the word "audacious" with only 30 minutes from prep to serve. Your ingredients must include a protein, vegetable toppings, condiments, and a burger "bun."

Seems pretty doable to me. You have to submit it by March 31.

What would you want on a hamburger?

I am going to have to record the first week's show as my brother's son invited me to go to the high school basketball tournament in Eugene, a two hour drive from here. The last game Wednesday night won't end until until ten so I won't make it home until almost midnight. I really feel like I need and want to spend time with my nephew as his dad has kind of disappeared from his life and my nephew wants to reconnect with the family. Greg, the nephew, has been very good to my Mom and is just a really nice young man. He told me he is missing the older male influence in his life and if I can fill that void so much the better.

Top Chef starts March 12th, the same day as the high school basketball tournament. Then Dancing With The Stars starts March 17th (YEA, huh Lisa?). Then March Madness starts March 20th. I will watch more TV the next couple of months then I watched the last six months!

On another subject just wanted to mention that I met a nice lady yesterday afternoon. Meet her for coffee and it was a very enjoyable chat!

Hope this is a great day for all of you.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Yay for the very nice lady. If you need a few female friends to vouch for you, you know who to ask!

Mary Z said...

You're great to want to be an influence in your young nephew's life - and he's pretty special to know that he needs somebody and to ask you. Sounds like a good match to me!

And how great that you met a nice lady! I hope you find that it works into a nice friendship, at least. You can put me down as a reference, too.

William J. said...

Mary

Thank you. I'm to old for her but we have enough in common that she can be a good friend!

William J. said...

Mary Z

My nephew is a really nice young man and he may influence me more than I influence him.

He has four children, two grown, two in high school, and a foreign exchange student staying with him.
His wife is a very nice lady too.

Bill

Bev Sykes said...

I LOVE "Top Chef." I'm so glad it's starting again!

My burger wouldn't be that audacious. But it would have grilled onions, swiss cheese, bacon and avocado on it.

William J. said...

Hello Bev!

I'm glad we have Top Chef in common!

My burger is the audacious aphrodisiac burher. Turmeric and cinnamon seasonings and little wine mixed in the patties before cooking. Then cheese, onions, tomato added to it!

By the way at one of the blogs I go to they are having a discussion about Top Chef. It is SisterSpot and one of the sisters is an entertainment reporter and fan of the show, she reviewed the debut show.

She was a little upset at the bleeping and the swearing in the first show. Here is the link:

http://satellitesistersblog.blogspot.com/

It is the second or third post down on the page.