Friday, March 21, 2008

Movies, Dancing With The Stars, Top Chef

Movies that I have seen recently:

Definitely Maybe - cute movie, romantic, chick flick. Worth the price of admission.

27 Dresses - ditto except in acting ranks just a little behind Definitely Maybe.

Semi-Pro - Terrible movie, not funny, walked out.

Dancing With The Stars Review:

Adam Carolla stunk and I didn't like him at all, Penn was almost as bad.

This is how I ranked the performances:

Kristi Yamaguchi - terrific

Jason Taylor - surprised everyone

Mario - rated second by the judges but I thought he was overscored.

Shannon Elizabeth - might be voted off because of fan base.

Marle Matlin - amazing. Has music in her veins.

Christian de la Fuente - hunk factor for the women viewers.

Steve Guttenberg - if ranked by fun he would be tied for first. Hope he stays on because he is so fun.

Pricella Presley - Did really well.

Marissa Jaret Winoker - tied for fun factor first. She was a joy to watch. Like Steve, I want her to stay on because she was having so much fun.

Monica Seles - judges were way to hard on her.

Penn Jilette - If it wasn't one man and one woman going off and two men instead he would be gone.

Adam Carolla - To macho. To sexist to be taught by a woman.

TOP CHEF:

They toned the swearing in week two and it made it more enjoyable. I really wanted them to eliminate Dale Talde because I really didn't like his attitude instead they elminated Valarie in week 2 after eliminating Nimma in week one.

My prediction is that a woman will win Dancing With The Stars but a man will win Top Chef. My guess is the Top Chef winner will be Andrew or Richard.

May this be a great day for all of you!

4 comments:

Mary Z said...

Sorry your two underdog picks (Georgia and Oregon) lost. But there were certainly lots of upsets today.

Bev Sykes said...

I haven't bonded too carefully with either Dancing or Chef yet to remember the names of the participants, though I was blown away by Marlee Matlin. Amazing what someone profoundly deaf can do!

William J. said...

Mary Z

Georgia was a real long shot so that was half way expected but Oregon lost because of lousy coaching. They missed seventeen three point shots in a row, you would think sometime during that run the coach would call time out and tell his team to quit shooting three pointers and to work the ball inside.

William J. said...

The closest I have come to bonding with Dancing With The Stars are Steve and Marissa because they just were having so much fun.

As to Top Chef I haven't really bonded with anyone yet but even though he is a screw up I kind of like Erix.

Bill