Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Sunday

Haven't really got a lot to say today so just basically am going to do miscellaneous thoughts and let you know some of the things that I did last week.

Today took mom too church. She hasn't been to church in quite a while and wanted to go. It is hard for her to go because she can't walk far distances. We have two wheelchairs for her one is the mobil wheelchair and one is a regular wheelchair. The mobile chair is to big to get into my car and we just can't afford the cost of a van right now. So I took the regular wheelchair. We went to the Sherwood Methodist Church because it was the closest church to us. It went really, really well. So many people came up to mom and introduced themselves that she was kind of in seventh heaven. Mom is a social animal so when people talk to her she is really in her element. The music was good, the message topical, and the church beautiful. I'm glad we went.

Speaking of the mobil wheelchair it is time for me to confess to a really weird thing I did on the day that we moved Mom. At about 1:30 I was exhausted and had probably put over twenty miles on my legs by then. Not to mention the lifting. So you know what I did from 1:30 on? I got that mobile wheelchair, set it on the fastest speed and used that thing to move mom's stuff. I would carry a couple of boxes on my lap and then take off like a Nascaar driver. It made the move a lot more fun and it was certainly faster than walking. Inventive? Yes. Weird? Yes. Would I do it again? Yes.

Went to the new Indiana Jones movie the other day and really didn't like it. Thought it was slow moving, boring, and they showed basically the same scene over and over again. There really isn't a lot of movies out there right now that are any good. So far the best movie playing anywhere is on HBO, called RECOUNT.

I really kind of wanted Hilliary to be the nominee but I wanted to win the lottery too and neither happened this week. Although I would love to see Barrack choose her as a running mate, don't think it will happen. Be interesting so who McCain picks as his running mate also.

That is all for the day. So what weird thing have you done in the past, that you would do over again?

May this be a great day for all of you.

6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I love the idea of using the wheelchair to make the move easier. You go, Bill! I've done so many weird things in my life..some I'd do again, some are probably left as one-time events!

I agree with you wholeheartedly on "Recount." GREAT film. It kept me walking on the treadmill for 1.5 miles instead of my usual 1 mile because I was so engrossed in the movie!

William J. said...

Recount is one of the better films made. Even though it is kind of a documentary it is very suspenseful.

I don't even know what made me think of using the wheelchair but it worked!

Bill

Pat said...

I'll agree with both of you on RECOUNT. Great film. Of course I knew what happened in the end, darn it, but it kept me in suspense anyway. Sort of.

Love the idea of using the wheelchair for the move. If I ever do another move, maybe I'll rent one.

William J. said...

Pat

Anyone that hasn't watched recount doesn't know what they are missing.

It would worth the price of the wheelchair rental for the move! It really did save my back.

Bill

William J. said...

Pat

Anyone that hasn't watched recount doesn't know what they are missing.

It would worth the price of the wheelchair rental for the move! It really did save my back.

Bill

Unknown said...

Tag, you're it!
I tagged you for a meme. Details are on my blog.