Thursday, June 26, 2008

Trip Canceled/Prayers and Good Thoughts Needed

My cousin Dixie called today and canceled her trip here. Her dad had a stroke, well actually several small strokes, and is in the hospital for a couple of days for tests and then several followup appointments at the doctor's office. Uncle Frank was told not to drive and My Aunt Velma has never driven. Dixie was asked by them if she would come to Arizona to help out and of course she said yes. She is also quite worried about her dad as I am. What led my Uncle to seek help was he was having several dizzy spells and passed out. The good news is it wasn't a big stroke but the fear is that the several little strokes could have done some damage. Thank goodness he sought help before the big stroke that often follows after several small strokes.

I'm asking for all your good thoughts and/or prayers be directed my uncle's direction for a speedy recovery and good reports. Also more good thoughts and prayers should be sent my cousin, Dixie's, direction. That she be strong for them while she is there and for her good health.

Thank you all in advance. Hope you and all your relatives are healthy!

11 comments:

Mary Z said...

All good thoughts go to your uncle, Dixie, and the rest of the family. I'm sorry her visit to you and your mom had to be cancelled. I know you're both disappointed.

William J. said...

Mary Z

Thank you. Yes, I was kind of looking forward to spending time with Dixie, I haven't seen her since 2003.

Bill

Pat said...

You know you and your family have all the good vibes I can muster. I hope all comes out well and that Dixie can visit you soon.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Thanks for the good vibes they seem to be working. My mom talked to Uuncle Frank today and although none of the results of the tests are in he seemed to be doing better.

Bill

Kaye R said...

I'm sending healing thoughts for your Uncle and strong vibes for Dixie. It's good to hear he'd doing better, so I hope his residuals are minimal.

Well, heck.. .I'm sending vibes your way, too! What they heck.. they're all going in just about the same direction!

William J. said...

Hello Therey Kaye

Thank you so much for your vibes and thoughts for Uncle Frank, Dixie, and myself. They are appreciated and needed.

Hope this finds you doing well.

Bill

Unknown said...

Good thoughts to you and yours. Hope your uncle mends well.

William J. said...

Thank you Snug

Always good to hear from you, hope things are well with you and yours.

Bill

dona said...

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Hope all things work out for the best.

SymplyAmused said...

My prayers go out to Dixie and her family. May her father recover so they can come visit you : )

William J. said...

Thank you Dona and Symply

Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

Bill