Friday, June 13, 2008

Top Chef and Life

Top Chef's final was interesting but there was a period of time there that I thought the woman from hell was going to win it all. Lisa gave a top performance that night. Richard blew it and Stephanie had some missteps especially with the deserts. The judges were talking about Lisa like she had it in the bag. Then they went to a commercial break and that break seemed longer than War and Peace. I was pacing big time until they came back to announce the winner. So often on reality shows the deserving person doesn't win. DWTS this year may have changed that with the very deserving Kristi got the trophy. Top Chef finnally announced the winner and it was the very deserving, classy, and humble Stephanie. I'm so glad she won instead of Lisa. I also may have to withdraw my claims of sexism about Top Chef and Tom C. now that a woman has taken home the Top Chef trophy.

On to life. Mom's phone actually is working now. Verizon not only came out yesterday they called her twice to make sure the phone was working. Why didn't they do that on their supposed previous trips out there. I'm glad the phone is finally working.

I wanted to thank my friend Kaye for visiting and reading the blog yesterday. She sent me a nice email afterwards. I really appreciate that. Thank you, Kaye.

I'm 97% back to where I was emotionally before the trip that went awry. I'm getting there. So life is getting better.

May this be a great day for all of you.

5 comments:

Pat said...

I was pretty darned nervous during that TOP CHEF final break, too. SO glad it was Stephanie.

Do you ever watch SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE? Some really good dancers competing there, in just about every style you can think of, in couples and solos. The first couple of shows are tryouts, that are sometimes amusing because of the no-talents that show up, but now they're down to the real dancers, and I quite like the show.

Glad to hear that your mom's phone is working, not much thanks to Verizon, and also that you're getting back to an emotional center.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I kept thinking if it is Lisa I won't watch Top Chef again. I was glad it was Stephanie. What surprised me this year is how many of the email group watch Top Chef. I didn't peg Julia as a fan but she was.

I watch SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE sometimes. Looks like a very interesting show. Since you like it and we have similiar tastes I'll have to make a point to watch it.

Verizon finally got it working but I don't think they would have without my friend calling them and telling them he was going to file a complaint with the utility commission against them. That seemed to get their attention. I'm looking forward to being emotionally centered again.

Bill

Mary Z said...

Glad your mom's phone is now working. What was the trip that "went awry"? Obviously my subscription to your blog with bloglines "went awry", and it didn't show that you had been posting. I missed you so checked directly and there were three posts (the last one I had seen was the "tag" post).

So maybe I missed some other stuff. Heading to read the latest one now.

William J. said...

Mary Z

You didn't miss anything you posted on the trip. It was the one to Klamath Falls to face the truth about the accident.

I'm sorry you are having trouble with blogliness, is mine the only blog that doesn't go through blogliness? Ot are others not showing up too?

Mary Z said...

I'm not sure. I deleted yours from the list, then reinstalled it. We'll see what happens next time.