Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert

Sometimes news comes across the television that just makes you pause and say "no that isn't right they got the story wrong, that just can't be true." That is I felt like yesterday when the news of Tim Russert's death came across the airways. 58 is to young to die. He was such an icon and the elections this fall just won't be the same without him. It is just a shock to watch him one day with that winning smile interviewing people and then the next day face the reality that we won't be seeing him again. It just seems so sad for me.

Russert was one of those rare hosts that you couldn't tell if he was a Republican or Democrat because he treated both of them the same. Asked them the same tough questions. Shook their hands afterward. Rare.

My feeling is blogs should be informative (Russert worked for the Democratic party before his TV gig) , should let the readers get to know me (I'm a very emotional person and news like this often takes a few days for me to get over), and should be a place where readers can share thoughts and also tell what is going on in their lives and how events effect them. That is what I would like to do today. Make it your place for the day. Make it a place where we both can heal from the tragic news not only of Russert's death but also talk about other things going on in your life. If you would like to say something about the death of Tim Russert and what it means to you and how you are dealing with it, type away here. In addition if you are dealing with some trauma or other things in your life and think it would help to put it out there type away here. I'll support you any way I can.

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I put my feelings here. So very sad.

William J. said...

Bev

I read you well written report and could not agree with you more.

And you sure do have a lot going on in your life right now. My heart and prayers are with you as you are dealing with the illnesses of your mother and your mother-in-law.

Bill

Mary Z said...

Russert was something that is more and more rare these days - a journalist - a news reporter. He'll be missed.

William J. said...

Mary Z

That is exactly what Russert was, a journalist in the days now when are new anchors or either actors or actresses or shills for one political party or the other.

Bill