Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mom's New Apartment

With accounting seminars and Mom's new apartment it has been on busy week. Mom decided on moving to another apartment within the same facility that she is in. She likes the new place a little better because the living room is bigger, the view is better, and the bathroom is off of the bedroom insteand of between the living room and bedroom. When she decided to move to the new apartment she decided she wanted some of her items at the house in the new apartment too. A couch, chair, bed etc. So we hired some movers to meet us at Mom's house this morning, then move the items from her house to the new apartment, and then items from the old apartment to the new apartment. Since the movers were going to be at mom's house at 9 this morning it worked better that Mom and spent last night at Mom's house. I actually enjoyed being there and Mom was the happiest that she has been in a long time. I do think Mom is going to move back home at some point. The regular caregiver wants to come back in September, The regular caregiver also knows a couple of other people that want a job a couple of nights a week, and I have a cousin that needs a job and a place to stay that would love to live with Mom. So maybe it is in the cards.

Because of the seminar and staying at Mom's house I missed Top Chef last night as Mom doesn't have Bravo. I did record it and am heading up to watch it as we speak.

As to the seminars. Damn I count the minutes until those things end! Tomorrow's seminar should be easy as it is only a four hour seminar. Eight hour accounting seminars seem like sixteen hour seminars and four hour accounting seminars seem like eight hour ones! Darn we need a lot of education to keep our licenses. Forty hours a year. To much in my opinion.

Hope this is a great day for all of you.

2 comments:

dona said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. As far as Top Chef goes...I think from your past posts you might be a bit disappointed in the outcome. And I hope you too have a good day. :)

William J. said...

Hi Dona

It is always good to see you here and yes I was disappointed that Lisa stayed and Antonia went. Lisa is just such an unlikable person.

I'm glad this week is over now I can concentrate on life. I only have two seminars to go to now one on the 11th a four hour one and one on the 20th!

Hope things are good for you.

Bill