Thursday, June 19, 2008

Visits, Tests, and Top Chef Reunion

It could be the nail in the coffin but I found out that the lady that is coming to visit in July is a very strong Bush supporter and as you all know I am not. It could be workable if she liked him a little bit and I disliked him a little bit but we are at is so far apart of the likable scale I think it could be a deal breaker. I'm glad to know before she comes for the visit because it will change my approach to this visit. I'm still looking forward to the companionship but what we will do mostly when she is here is fun things and spend a lot of time with Mom. That is one of the reasons she wants to visit is to see Mom and also to see another friend that lives here. I will make Mom and the friend the focus of the visit instead of myself. The visit is now going to a be a lot less stress than it would have been.

Had a choloesterol test his morning. After my test was so good in January I quit taking some medication and was a little worried about the results that my self-doctoring would bring about. I got almost as good as reading without the medication that I got with it. Total with meds, 1o4, without, 121. Bad with meds, 55, without meds, 65. Good with meds, 37, without, 43. Trig with 79, without 65. I'm so happy, everything is within the good limits and the good and trig got better without the meds! Walking and dieting does work. Very encouraging for me to continue, diet, walking, and losing weight. Now the blood pressure, get that down and I'm off all meds but one! That one will follow and within six months I predict I will be drug free.

They had the Top Chef Reunion last night. Richard wasn't there in person because he was with his wife who was close to delivering their first baby. Congrats Richard! He was there by satellite. Stephanie won another ten grand by being the fans' favorite. It is the first time in the history of Top Chef that the Top Chef was also the fan's favorite. It is also the first time a woman won. Yea to both. Lisa was even half way likable at the reunion. It was good to see the whole crew back. I'm looking forward to next season!

May this be a good day for all of you.

15 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Oh the heck with who supports and who doesn't support Bush...the more important point is.....how does she feel about spiders.

William J. said...

Bev

We are spider compatiable, she knows the correct way is the itsy bitsy spider.

Bill

Mary Z said...

I've found I can have friendships with (gasp) Republicans, even good friendships. But I don't know how it'd work for me with more than that. Two of our daughters are in "mixed marriages", but politics is not an allowable conversation in the home. 8^) (Fortunately, all the grandkids seem to be following their moms.)

William J. said...

Mary Z

I have a lot of Republican friends and love them dearly but they aren't the way off to the right ones, they are more middle of the road like me. My sister is way off to the right and we just avoid talking politics because we are so far apart there can be no meeting in the middle.

And a relatiionship might work if we were both closer to the middle but we aren't and I am guessing this would impact all areas of our lives.

Bill

Kaye R said...

Bill -- I think you already know where this is going. I read reservations in your font. But the visit with your Mom will be good and you'll enjoy that. Once you meet again, if there are fireworks and sparks, great. If not, then now you know and will have your closure.

You know I want happiness for you. Now that you are open to it, it will find you!

Fondly,
Kaye

Mary said...

An itsy bitsy. Bill, you deserve so much better than that.

William J. said...

Kaye

WOW. So nice to see you here. You have always been on of my favorites.

I'm pretty sure that I know where it is going too but Mom will really enjoy her. I'm guessing sparklers at the most but not firecrackers lol.

I got additional news today that one of my favorite cousins will ne here for part of the visit. Cousin Dixie will be here the 28 through the fourth. So three of those days it will both her and L. I'm really kind of relieved in a way. lol.

Also Fondly

Bill

And thank you for posting.

William J. said...

Mary

Itsy bitsys rock.

Bill

Pat said...

A very strong Bush supporter? Any attempt at a relationship is doomed! Even if she does follow the One True Way of the Itsy Bitsy. Enjoy the companionship and the fun stuff and stay well away from politics. Become a master of changing the subject.

Many congratulations on your great tests! You're doing wonderfully, and I'm sure you'll be off all meds before you know it. Good going!

William J. said...

Pat

I knew you would understand that the relationship is doomed! lol.
I am a master of changing the conversation with my sister and her husband when the turn to politics. So I have experience. I will say though my sister sent me the most touching letter and gift for my birthday, I'm going to post about it tomorrow.

Thank you for your comments about the tests. One of the reasons to get off of the medication is it makes it easier for me to get better health insurance. So besides, health, looks, etc there is also that motivation. I'm focused again.

Bill

Bev Sykes said...

Seriously, Bill--If Mary Matalin and James Carville can make it work, I think that if everything else seems compatible (even the damn spiders), you can find a way around your political differences.

Bev Sykes said...

Here--check this:

http://www.salon.com/feb97/carville970212.html

William J. said...

Bev

My dear friend James and his wife are two of my least favorite people. I shut the TV when they come on.


Bill

William J. said...

Bev

Fun interview of the two. Thanks for the link.

Bill

Kaye R said...

Awesome Bill! Nothing is better and has more meaning than gifts from the heart. You are blessed!

Psst.. where are we going for dinner? :)