Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Prayer, Sports, Mom, and Notes.

I haven't been blogging the last couple of days because my life is kind of boring lately and I haven't had much to say. I still haven't got much to say but just thought I would post some tidbits and ask for some prayers and good thoughts for a person I don't even know.

On one of the blogs that I visit daily a woman posted that she has breast cancer and is undergoing treatments. She asked for prayers. I don't know Pat S. from Bend, Oregon but I do know that most people that post here are women and would certainly wish the best for her. I also know that the old Women Issues Group has done marvelous things through the power of prayer and good thoughts. So everyone say a little prayer and muster all your good thoughts for Pat S. not to be confused with the Pat that I do know and who posts here.

Guess who is the new basketball coach at Oregon State University? Michelle Obama's brother, Barrack's brother-in-law, Craig Robinson. The last two seasons Robinson was the head coach at Brown University and the previous six seasons was assistant coach at Northwestern
University. Robinson said Barrack might attend a couple of games this next season.

Congratulations to University of Kansas in winning the NCCA men's basketball championship. Good luck tonight to the Lady vols against Stanford as they go for the NCAA women's basketball championship.

Tomorrow at 1:00 Mom and I have a meeting with the nurse at Chehalem Springs to evaluate Mom for what kind of care she needs. This is a pre-meeting before she goes there in May. Please wish for the best for Mom and I.

NOTES:

AARP turned 5o this month. Wonder if they started receiving their own literature.

I found out yesterday how to lose ten pounds in less than thirty seconds. Move the scale from the tile bathroom floor to the carpet before taking your weight.

From The Oregonian, women who pack wieght around their wastes inseat of their buttocks and thighs face an increased risk of dying prematurely. A study of 44,636 women published Monday in the journal Circulation found that women with waists of 35 inches or greater had an 80 per cent higher chance of premature death compared with those waists measureed 28 inches or smaller.

That is it for the day. May this be a day of health and happiness for all of you.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Lots of good thoughts coming for Pat S. (not to be confused with me).

Good thoughts, too, for your mom's evaluation meeting to go well. Keeping fingers & toes crossed.

So that's why everyone tells me my scale weighs low... I have carpet in that bathroom. I wanted to get rid of it, but now I think I'll keep it. I sure don't want to suddenly gain 10 lbs!

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Thanks for the good wished about the meeting tomorrow. I am hoping the best.

Yes, the scale has to be on a flat surface and the carpet isn't flat so it reads a lower weight than normal.

Bill

SymplyAmused said...

Good luck with your Mom! As for scales, I don't talk about that anymore..haha.

William J. said...

Hello There Symply

Thanks for the good wishes with my Mom.

As to the scale I'm getting there, I'm about 8 pounds from putting my picture on my profile and 22 from my high school wait. So I am going really well with the diet.

Bill

dona said...

Bill, first off good wishes for Pat S. as my mother and grandmother died from breast cancer and I firmly believe in the power of prayer so I will say a few for her. Second, I have been reading your blog for some time now as I too am a elderly parent care giver and have found some solace in some of what you have and are experiencing. I guess I feel its nice to know there are others out there. I stumbled on your blog through Symply's and can't get enough of it. I also wish the best for you and your mom at the meeting. Also, you do a good job at cracking me up with some of your postings. And Laughter is what gets me through each day. But last, on the women with weight around the waist and dying prematurely statistic....I could have went all year without hearing that one! I am indeed in a world of trouble!

William J. said...

Dona

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for the very nice message that you posted. It made my evening.

I read your blog last night and enjoyed it, especially the Walmart Story.

I love Symply, we share a lot of the same reading habits.

Like you I believe in the power of prayer. Even though Pat S. may not know we are praying for her I'm sure she feels it in her soul at times.

I'm sorry about your mom and grandmother. Breast Cancer is such a killer that it is tragic that there isn't a cure yet. I'm hoping we will see on in our lives.

As being a caregiver feel free to share any stories, ask any questions, vent, or do whatever you need for us to support you anywhere on my blog. Pat's mom is 100 and she is going through a lot of what we are. Bev's mom is getting up there and she may be going through some things that we are at some point. We can support each other here anytime!

If you like to laugh here is a podcast that is sure to get the laugh genes going. Click on listen after the Wednesday April 9th date. Stay with it until you hear the name of the officer.

http://www.satellitesisters.com/audio.html

lisa said...

Hey Bill! You forgot the hunky Cristian De La Fuente in your recap..He was CALIENTE the other night! (as was Cheryl as well) :D