Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dancing With The Stars Recap

If Misty Mae Treanor hadn't been injured and had to leave the show Rocco would have been eliminated ahead of Cloris Leachman and that just would have been sad. I really feel sorry for Misty. She had the same injury that my brother had, the one that kept him off his feet for ten weeks and the doctors gave him an estimate of a full year to fully recover. Misty may have had a volleyball career ending injury keeping her from the 2012 Olympics. I sure hope not. As for the dancing she was improving and could have easily been in the final three or four.

On to the dancing. My two favorite dances or the waltz and the jive. The waltz is just so romantic and elegant. The jive, energetic and fast moving. It was a night for the men but a woman came out on top. I ranked the dances as follows:

Brook. The best dance of the night. Beautiful and romantic waltz.

Wayne. The big guy just keeps surprising me, week after week.

Maurice. Fun Jive. Fast. Energetic. Good job.

Lance. I disagree with the judges and thought he should have had a higher score. Lacey and Lance finally stuck to the rules and it showed.

Cody- Good jive. Also better than the score he received.

Toni - Went for the gold, won the bronze. Just not a pleasing nor romantic waltz.

Rocco- Improving. Good but not a great waltz. I just am really favoring him. He does something every week to make me like him even more. He definitely improved from last week. But two things put me in his corner: 1. The way he helped Misty when she was hurt. 2. He mentioned how shy he was. Wow. This guy is a ten, could probably have any woman he wants and he is shy? That helps me understand how maybe a seven that usually ends up talking to a 92 year old woman in then produce section of a grocery store can be shy. I hope he outlasts Cloris.

Susan - The judges were to kind to her. Her score was better than her jive. It wasn't fast enough or energetic enough to be a good jive. The judges seem to favor her. I like her a lot and admire her for being on the show but this week her dance just didn't excite me.

Cloris - What was that? Enough said.

Hope this is an energetic day for you filled with romance!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Again, I didn't see all of it, but I did see Brooke, and you're right... a lovely waltz.

Cloris should go. Now.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Cloris staying means a better dancer goes and I really don't want that to happen.

Brook looks like she is going to win it. She really didn't have much of a fan base before DWTS but she sure is gaining one now!

Bill

Kaye R said...

::: nod nod ::: Why is Cloris still there!? Bill's right, when she stays, a better dancer who could continue to improve, goes.

Susan needs to go to. She's cute, nice smile, but just doesn't appear to have any confidence and just looks way to fragile. Thin is nice... she's too thin!

I love the waltz, too. I'm not fond of the jive. Personally, I'd love to learn the latin dances.

William J. said...

::: nod nod ::: Why is Cloris still there!? Bill's right, when she stays, a better dancer who could continue to improve, goes.

Hi Kaye

I would like to see Cloris and Susan go next because that would mean Rocco stays on lonhrt.

The only Latin Dance I would like to learn is the romantic tango. The waltzes I would like to learn every version of them.

Bill