Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dancing With The Stars Summary - Week 5

I was sorry to see Toni go and Cloris Stay. Cloris did dance well for the second week in row but the way the professional partner comes on to her just gives me the creeps.

Best dances of the nights were the jitterbugs. This is probably the first week this season that I agreed with the judges as to what the top two dances were.

Brook was the best again. Five weeks in a row. There is nothing she can't do. This week Derek, her professional partner, didn't know what the jitterbug was and had to learn it as he was teaching it to Brook. I think that resulted in an awesome dance because he taught at her level as opposed to teaching over her head.

Second Best Dance was Cody. The youngest contestant is coming on strong!

Third in my book was Maurice. Cheryl cracked the whip and it paid off!

Fourth is the fun big guy, Warren Sapp. I love watching him. I also love Kym Johnson, his partner.

Fifth best dance was Toni. I didn't agree with the judges at all, they were to tough on her.

Sixth best dance was Susan Lucci. She does need to come out of her shell a bit and Tony needs to quit treating her like a fine piece of crystal.

Seventh was Lance. I agree with the judges, Lacey didn't pay enough attention to his part of the dance.

Eighth was Cloris. I admit I really don't like her and want her gone.

The results show was great. They had two dance couple 10-12 years old that were absolutely amazing. One of the young couples did an unbelievable Jive, the other young couple nailed the Paso Doble.

It was also nice to see Luis return to the show and dance with Karina to the first musical guest!

Looking forward to next week! May you always dance through life with a smile on your face!

6 comments:

Kaye R said...

I too was sad to see Tony go and Cloris stay. What are the viewers thinking?? I thought the jives were good, but I enjoy the hustle and west coast swing more (smile).

DR .. would you believe there isn't a line dance group here? I can find private lessons, but not a group thing. ::: sobbing :::

Pat said...

Bill, I agree with you right down the line. I didn't see the results show, but I finally saw all of the competition show, and my assessment is the same as yours. Cloris must have hired all of Hollywood to call in for her.

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

I like the Hustle but my idea of the West Coast Swing was different than what I thouhgt swing dancing was.

I hope the views wise up and let Cloris go home this week.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I think there is a segment of the viewers that like to keep the worse dancers on the show just because they want to hurt the show.

One year it was Master P another it was Sare Evens, Last year it was Marie Osmond.

Bill

Kaye R said...

Bill.. I think you're right about votes with a different agenda. Was it 2 years ago when they kept Jerry Springer on longer than I thought he should have remained? But then, he buckled down, improved (anything would have been an improvement), but I did love that he learned to waltz so he could waltz his daughter at her wedding. I saw a different side of Jerry on that show. I wish he would show/do more of that than the awful stuff he promotes now. But.. that's just me (smile)

William J. said...

Hi There Kaye

It was season 4 and this is season 6 I think so yes it was two year ago.

I hated the idea of Springer being on when I first heard of it but then he showed such a different side of himself I reallye enjoyed him. And the Waltz with his daughter was one of the most touching moments in DWTS history!

Bill