Wednesday, October 1, 2008

DWTS Recap - Big Guys Can Dance

The best dance of Monday night was Warren Sapp and Kym Johnson. Man that 300 pounder can move. On Monday three couples rose to the top, three fell to the bottom and five ended up in the middle.

The three top celebs, Warren Sapp, Brook Burke, & Toni Braxton.

The three bottom celebs, Rocco DiSpirito, Cloris Leachman, and Kim Kardashian.

The Five middle celebs, Cody Linley, Susan Lucci, Misty Mae Treanor, Lance Bass, and Maurice Greene

The Top Three:

Brook Burke is amazing because she excels in both Latin and Ballroom. She can do both and do both well. Right now she is my pick to win it all.

Toni Braxton does better with the ballroom then she does Latin and that puts her behind Brook.

Warren Sapp is the crowd favorite. He is just so darn much fun. And he can bust a move. Latin or Ballroom doesn't matter. Definitely a finalist.

The Bottom Three:

I give Rocco a break because he is the only celeb without a performance background. Presentation background yes, performance background no. He is also very charming and is having fun. He is the only one of the bottom three that I hope will improve and stay on longer than I anticipate.

Cloris Leachman was somewhat subdued this week but she just can't dance. I hope she is gone next week.

Kim was eliminated last night and I really wasn't unhappy to see her go.

The middle group from best to worse:

Cody Linley, ready to break through but not quite there yet.

Maurice Greene, got to contain his free spirit to get him into the finals. If he makes it he will do great in the free style but he needs to follow the rules of the dance to get there.

Lance Bass has an advantage because of his boy band dancing but has a disdavantage because he has the worst teacher.

Misty Mae Treanor. Hard work could cause her to leap over several celebs in one week. She just isn't translating the music to the dance floor yet.

Susan Lucci, will do terrible in Latin but great in ball room. A little to stiff. She could improve but I imagine she will be gone in three or four weeks.

What did all of you think?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I can't talk intelligently about DWTS because I only saw half of it. I missed Brooke, who has been consistently the best of what I've seen. I saw Warren, and he's impressive for such a big guy. Misty just somehow doesn't have it, and I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's musicality, or chemistry, or that I don't actually watch her, I keep my eyes on Maksim. I thought Lance Bass did surprisingly well, if I have the right guy. He's the young blond kinda scrawny kid, right? Or is that Cody? See why I can't talk about it intelligently -- I don't even know who they all are yet.

Cloris should go, and as soon as possible. She's just embarrassing.

Kaye R said...

I agree 100% with you, Bill. Altho Cloris is fun, she's a bit over the top and yeah... she just can't dance. I give her 3 stars (not footballs) for just showing up and surviving the first 2 weeks! I was also glad to see Kim go last night. I think it's more her attitude and personality but those do count in my overall scores.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I think with Misty it is she is to strong to be graceful and if she learns to flow with the music might improve a lot.

I think you are referring to Cody and is amazing for 18. He could be in the final four.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

It is great that we agree. Cloris is to admire for even attempting this show at 82 but it is time to go.

Bill