Monday, October 13, 2008

Tonight's Class & The Amazing Race

Here is the weekly letter I get from one of the two instructors, Herb, about the class.


ComedySportz Class #6
Character Endowments
10/13/08 Class starts at 730pm

Learn how we create characters on the spot.

Work on character traits by endowing, and being endowed.

Host your own interview show.

Pick up a hitchhiker.

Just another night in the life of an improviser. --


Improvisationally yours,

Herb Spice

Now the one that really has my curiousity (no, not the one making me endowed) but the "Host Your Own Interview Show" followed closely by "Pickup A Hitchhiker". Looks like a fun evening.

I just cannot believe it has been six weeks since the class started. Seems like week one was just yesterday.

THE AMAZING RACE.

I think the problem I am having with this segment of The Amazing Race is there really isn't any team that I dislike. I want to dislike Ken the man that cheated on his wife, Tina, but the two of them seem to be improving their relationship during the race and are semmingly enjoying each other. Plus any man willing to put on tights and a cape and get into a wrestling ring with a woman seems fun to me. Ken & Tina finished first last night.

I want to dislike the Southern Belles, Marissa & Brooke, but just can't. I do get them confused with the divorcees, Kelly & Christy because they look and act alike.

Ty bothers me a bit but I am rooting that the long distance relationship that he has with Aja will be cemented and go from long distance to long term.

Although they finished second last night the mother-son team, Toni & Dallas, just seem like vanilla to me.

Brother and Sister, Nick & Starr are forgetable but not annoying.

I root for all dating couples so I am rooting for Terrance & Sarah, I just wish he would show her a little more respect and compassion.

The frat boys, Andrew and Dan, just don't act like frat boys. That makes me like them more than I would your normal frat boys.

Eliminated last night best friends, Mark & Bill. Eliminated because Mark couldn't remember six moves in a wrestling routine. Even after the poor wrestling performance they still could have finished eight if not for reading a clue wrong. They were penalized thirty minutes for taking a cab when the rule called for another mode of transportation. The thirty minutes allowed for Kelly & Christy to move up from the ninth place finish to the eighth place finish and stay in the race.

My prediction as to the winner of the race. Please be advised that I may change my prediction every week but for this week my favorite to win it all is Ty and Aja.

Hope this is a great week for all of you!!

4 comments:

Pat said...

This week's class sounds lots of fun. I am also intrigued by the interview show and the hitchhiker. I remember during WWII, when I was a little kid, everybody picked up servicemen hitchhiking, and I very much enjoyed the ones we gave rides to. I don't get "endowing", so you can explain it to me after the class.

As to Amazing Race, I haven't bonded with any of them as yet, nor do I hate anyone, except maybe Kelly & Christy. They are brats and seem to be trying to pick a fight with Nick & Star, if I have all those names right. I was sorry to see the best friends guys go. They seemed likeable to me. The Southern Belles are a little annoying, but only a little so far.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Yes it will be interesting to see what exercises they do to allow of an interview or how hitchhiking enters the picture.

We always picked up servicemen too but it was a long time after WWII.

Nobody is really standing out on The Amazing Race.

Bill

Bev Sykes said...

Naturally, I have to be rooting for Toni and Dallas, because they are from Davis, but I was very sorry that Mark and Bill had to go (and it was their own fault), because I really liked them.

William J. said...

Hi Bev

Guess I will root for Toni and Dallas too. Mark and Bill would have still been in the league if they had handle the wrestling right. The 30 minute penalty wouldn't have hurt them. Or even with the wrestling mess up if they had read the clue right they still would have been in it. The combination of both killed them.

Bill