Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jennifer Hudson

Oscar (Dream Girls) winning actress Jennifer Hudson's mom and brother were found murdered in their Chicago, Illinois home yesterday and her seven year-old nephew, Jullian, has been reported as missing. A nationwide Amber alert has been issued for the young nephew.

Hudson returned to Illinois from Florida where she was promoting her recent film The Secret Life of Bees to mourn. Willain Balfour a suspect in the deaths of Darnell Donerson, 57, and Jason Hudson, 29, has been arrested. Illinois Department of Corrections show that Balfour is on parole after spending nearly seven years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possessing a stolen vehicle. Public records show one of Balrfour's addresses as the home where the murders took place. Balfour was once married to Hudons's older sister, Julia. The Hudson family is requesting privacy.

This is just to awful for words. What in the world was a man as dangerous as Balfour doing out on parole?

My heart goes out to Hudson and Hudon's family.

6 comments:

Kaye R said...

... as do my prayers. I can't imagine what the family will have to endure. I pray they get the privacy they've requested (but the media is relentless).

Lady DR said...

Like you, my prayers go out to the family and for the safety of Julian King.

Also, like you, I don't understand how a man who was jailed for attempted murder and other crimes is out walking the street. There are serious flaws in our justice system and this is not the first time a murder has been committed by a man who should never have been let outside the bars of a cell.

I hope the media will show some respect for the family's request for privacy, but I doubt they'll be able to resist the sensationalism, unless on of the candidates does something to overshadow the tragedy.

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

I also hope the media leaves them alone to mourn in peace.

What the family is going through is umimaginable.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dr

I hope they find Julian quickly and alive!

The suspected perp should be in jail even if it turns out that he didn't do it.

Bill

Anonymous said...

I just stopped and said a prayer for her and the family when I heard the news. Why are human beings so cruel to each other?

William J. said...

Hi Kim

I wish I knew. It is gotten such that now when you do something kind for someone they are shocked and they expect the worst.

There has to be more people like you and I out there that are nice and kind.

One of these days I am going to try to find a couple of columns by a local columnist named, Margie Boule, where all a man wanted for his birthday was for someone to be kind to someone they didn't know. In the followup column they reported of 3,000 acts of kindness. From the small, moving a worm off of a hot sidewalk to the grass, to the major paying for dreams to come true. They were very uplifting. And the thing that was so amazing is the ones that did the kindness felt better than the ones that received it.

Bill