Thursday, February 12, 2009

Do I Dare To Dream?

OK, I admit that I am not above stealing ideas from other blog to use here. However, I usually like to give credit where credit is due. On http://satellitesistersblog.blogspot.com/ two of the sisters had dreams that bothered them and asked the blog readers to interpret the dreams. I have been having a lot of dreams lately covering animals, women, and relatives. While the idea to ask you the readers to interpret my dreams isn’t really original the dreams certainly are! These are dreams that I’ve had all in the last week:

Let’s get the animal out of the way first. A cougar. My dad and I were having a cup of coffee in his living room. We decided to go for a walk. We opened the front door and as soon as we opened the door an angry cougar came running towards the door with teeth showing. Dad quickly shut the door. Then we watched through a window as the cougar just sat there watching the door. Dad and I hugged and then watched out the window for the longest time. I remember asking dad, “what are we going to do?" Then I woke up.

My dreams covered two women. Two women I don't really know. The first involves a woman that went to the same high school as I did that I haven’t seen since high school. Well maybe once at the ten year reunion but I don’t really remember. Some background first. I wasn’t that popular in high school. I didn’t hang out with the social elite because I was so shy. I didn’t hang out with the reject tough kids because I didn’t smoke. I was in limbo pretty much by myself. Maryann the focus of the dream was extremely popular. She knew my very popular brother but I don’t think she knew I existed. Now the dream. I am at a restaurant. It is Sunday brunch. I am alone, reading the newspaper. Maryann comes over, sets a plate of food down in front of me, and said “I’ve been watching you and thought you could use this. It is so crowded in the buffet line I thought as long as I was there I would get you a plate.” Everything I liked was on the plate. Then I woke up.

The other woman is one of the blog hostess of a blog I go to. I’ve never met her or her dad. There is a motorcycle in the drive way. I’m apparently at her parents’ house. I am walking through a long hall way and see her dad sitting in a bedroom. I go in there and confront her dad. “You have been extremely mean and confronting since the minute I got here. You have treated me like crap and I’m here to tell you that I’m not going to take it anymore.” Then I woke up.

Now the relative and that would be my brother. I’m at home. My brother is sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. I ask him how he got here. He doesn’t respond. I told him that he couldn’t live here because there just wasn’t enough room. I didn’t even ask him what happened to his wife. He starts to cry. I wake up.

OK, now that I’ve bared my dream soul, it is time for to tell me if I need to seek out help! What do you think those dreams mean? Why would I dream of two women that I don’t really know? What does the cougar mean? Where does my brother fit in? Be kind or brutal but be honest!

6 comments:

Pat said...

I wouldn't begin to try to interpret your dreams, Bill. I think the only person who can begin to interpret dreams is the dreamer himself.

I very rarely remember my dreams, but there are a couple that stick with me. One, probably the most vivid, was the night before I had a dentist app't that I rather dreaded. I dreamed my teeth had turned to chalk and were disintegrating right in my mouth. Just crumbling away. I woke up spitting, trying to spit out the pieces. That one was easy to interpret. Fear of whatever the dentist was to do to me the next day. I remember well the huge relief to find that all my teeth were still there, uncrumbled.

One other was romantic. Not sexy, romantic. There was someone I had a crush on. We were friends but nothing more. I dreamed he was leading a group of us through a cave. At some point, we hung back and gave each other burning looks. He leaned toward me to kiss me, and darn it, I woke up. Interpretation of the almost kissing part was easy, but why it was in a cave, I've never figured out.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I could interpret my dreams if I dreamt of people I actually knew but when you throw in dad, animals, and women I don't know I'm stuck.

I always remember my dreams because they are always so vivid and sometimes in color.

By the way I did an internet search and here is a link to a dream dictionary
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Here is what they say about a cave.

Cave
To see or dream that you are in a cave, symbolize the womb and thus signify refuge, protection and concealment.

To dream that you are walking in a dark cave, represents your exploration of your unconscious mind.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill - Maybe your "dreamin" is just a sign that your plate (no connection to the restaurant scene intended) is too full at the moment. Your new job, the stress of trying to do good on the job, perhaps feeling a bit guilty over not being able to be with your Mom as much as you were before, wanting help with it all (calling on your Dad and brother)and your desire to have a relationship - all wrapped into one dream. Just a thought. Certainly, I am no expert on dreams. Could mean any number of things. Just sounds like you're on overload. All the best!

William J. said...

Hi Red

So good to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing.

Lately my food plate has been pretty full too because I've been hungary ever since I started work!

I think you hit the nail on the head with being on overload! thanks for your input.

Bill

lisa said...

Hi! Losing your teeth or the feeling of it is supposed to mean that you are under a great deal of stress. I used to have them during final exams my last 2 years of college......Hmmm...The "COUGAR".......Was the cougar wearing a leaopard print dress and stilletto heels? hahaha!!!! Maybe you feel that someone is trying to disrupt the sanctity or safety of your home life..(making you feel unsafe).....

William J. said...

Hi Lisa

I might have been the one wearing heels.

There were some robberies in the neighborhood so maybe you are right on.

Bill