Sunday, February 15, 2009

Work, Private Eyes, Billboards, and Races

Next week may be a short week at work. Friday the old computer they gave me crashed. So I couldn't do anything and had to go home after one hour. They instructed me to call them before coming into work on Monday to make sure the new computer is ready to go. So far on this job in two weeks there has been a concussion, a snow storm, and a computer crash. Maybe the Gods are trying to tell me something.

Valentine's Day was peaceful for me. There was a news report on last night that just made me feel so much better about being single. Did you know that Valentine's Day is the busiest day of the year for Private Eyes? I didn't either. I guess that is hire a private eye to catch your spouse cheating day as well as Valentine's Day. According to the report cheating spouses will have lunch with their mistress or mister and dinner with their spouse to keep everyone happy. The cheating spouses become easy prey for the private eyes. What happened to loyalty and trust in marriages? Where did that go anyway? I can't help but wonder if a Valentine's Day gotcha didn't result in this billboard in New York. The billboard was on the east side of 7th Avenue between 47th and 48th Streets (near Times Square):

Hi Steven

Do I have your attention now?

I know all about her, you dirty, sneaky, unfaithful, poorly-endowed slimeball. Everything's caught on tape.

Your soon to be ex-wife

Emily

P.S.

I paid for the billboard out of our joint back account.

Way to go Emily!

Now on to more normal things, The Amazing Race 14 starts tonight. According to a newspaper article that I read the show will now focus less on airports and ticketing at airports and more on scenery. There were numerous complaints the last few seasons about the amount of time the show spent in airports. Since the ratings for the Amazing Race was down the last time the producers decided to make some changes. The focus will more on the places they visit. Should be an exciting season. Starts tonight on CBS at 8 p.m. Pacific and Eastern Time, 7 p. m. Central Time.

Any billboards in your future? Have you ever hired a private eye? If I paid for a billboard it would be to announce something happy not to announce a traumatic event in my life. I have hired a private but for a client and it was to track down someone to let them know their siblings were trying to find them because their mom was in ill health.

Hope this will be a peaceful and wonderful Sunday for you!

4 comments:

Pat said...

I love the billboard. Go Emily!

I have never hired a PI, but I did call one for a friend who had an Internet romance going on and just as they'd made plans to meet, the guy disappeared. She wanted me to call for PI information, so I did, and it was a really interesting experience talking to him. But she never hired him. Too expensive.

No billboards in my future, sorry to be boring.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

You are anything but boring.

Private eyes are expensive, more expensive than the Rockford two hundred and fifty dollars a day plus expenses!

Bill

Anonymous said...

I have received reports that, when I was off in Phoenix, my husband was seen waltzing in public with a young, blue-eyed blond but I did not care.

(Sara, you see, replaced me at dance class. (wink))

William J. said...

Ellen

Sara is such a beautiful woman too!

Bill