Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Day Of Rest

There is no Who Am I today. It is Sunday, a day of rest. The answer to yesterday's Who Am I is the amazing and inspirational Alice Paul. You can read her complete biography here:

http://www.lkwdpl.org/wihohio/paul-ali.htm

You all know what the drill is. Today is the day you give me your updates and tell me what is going on in your lives. The ups and downs. The joys and concerns. If you are new to the blog it would be great if you would introduce yourself and guess what? You might make some lifelong friends.

My last week:

As some of my Facebook friends know after avoiding it for a few weeks I did six loads of laundry on Thursday. Then I decided if I win the lottery I'm never doing laundry again. I'm just buying new clothes every week. By the way if anyone wants to friend me on Facebook I'm game. Go to:

http://www.facebook.com/

Then search William J Dahn. A guy can always use a few more friends.

On Friday I figured out what the noise was that was keeping me up at night. The grass was so long in the backyard that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was hiding back there and practicing at night. First, I took my machete to trim the yard a bit. Then, I took my environmentally correct battery operated mower and started the long task of cutting the grass down to size. Those battery operated mower don't do real well cutting down forests so there was a lot of stops and starts. Buzz. Turn over the mower, take the grass off the blades. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I made it. What an accomplishment.

There were also two dinners and one lunch with Mom. My own grocery shopping and numerous other errands. I also had to fill out an employee satisfaction survey for the firm I just completed tax season with. They have already asked me back for next year. It is nice to be wanted.

Enough about me. The entertainment update. Kicked off of Celebrity Apprentice this week, thank God, was Cindy Lauper. Winners of the Amazing Race, double darn it, was the Brothers. The Cowboys finished second because the brothers cheated and crowded in line at the airport. Dancing With The Stars sent Nicey packing. I really liked Nicey because she was fun and it was fun to watch her dance. However, it was time for her to go home. This week is Chad's time. Top Chef starts in June and in Washington, D.C. I think the producers of Top Chef are afraid of Portland, Oregon. Shouldn't those clueless producers be interested in a city that has more restaurants per mile than any city in the United States?

The blog is now yours. Give it up. Tell your secrets. Introduce yourself. Vent. Share. Dream. Dona, if you are reading, we would love an update on The Shankster.

8 comments:

dona said...

First of all, thanks to Bill and everyone here who sent up some prayers, good vibes for the Shankster. Last week was a week of just waiting until Thursday, day of procedure. We were sure it was going to be a day of finding out something and it would all be over. The good news. We did find out it is not Bladder Cancer. Bad news. There was more blood seen and so more tests. There are 2 more areas of concern. I am still hoping its nothing. All just a fluke, or a stone that clawed its way out, and caused all the trouble/without the pain. He is still in no pain, which is the concern. But he was in pain before, during and a lot after the last procedure. He is praying the next procedure/test will be a breeze. :)

But as with most its a hurry up and wait again. We have to wait until June. Thanks again to all of you.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Thanks for checking in!!

We will be keeping the hot dude, a.k.a., known as The Shankster in our thoughts and prayers. I am so relieved it isn't bladder cancer and am hoping it was just a kidney stone no longer with him.

Keep us informaed. We are family.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Hi, Dona. Thanks for the report. I'm so glad to hear they've ruled out bladder cancer and will continue to send positive vibes and keep you in my prayers, as they continue with the tests, hoping they find the source of the problem and it's easily "fixed." (hugs to you both)

Seems like a week of running - see the chiropractor, see the dermo, take dogs to the vet for annual check-up. Dr. M is amazed Skeeter is still up and running and told us to just keep doing what we're doing, because outside of the mass (which isn't growing), she seems happy and healthy. Spook must lose five pounds and I'm treating her eye for a blocked tear duct. That's fun. Got Himself ready to take off Friday for his fishing trip with his brother in OK.

His trip was to be my week of decluttering, organizing, paint touch up, various projects. So far, my motivation is lagging. I did get all the paperwork cleared out and hauled plants and accessories to the kitchen table, to now determine what comes back and what to do with the rest of it. Tried to load the new Master Cook and it gives me error messages, which may put paid to my starting to enter the hundred plus recipes I have floating about. Did get summer clothes hauled in and put away and winter clothes packed away and ready to go to the shed, as soon as the last of them come from the dryer.

Yesterday our line dance group did an hour's performance at the fundraiser for A Child's Haven. HOT! Unfortunately, the crowd was sparse, but we had fun dancing, although I'm sorta paying for it today. Worth it, however. Next week looks like more running, so who knows how many of my projected projects may actually happen.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Sounds like a lot of waiting room time for you and your family!

Who wants to declutter? You may just need some time to kickback and relax, decluttering can wait.

I always love it when you tell of a peformance, that is so giving. Even though the crowd was sparse I am betting they loved it!

Bill

Pat said...

Excellent news that they ruled out bladder cancer, Dona! Will keep sending good vibes that whatever it is will be easily fixed, and the further tests will be easy and painless.

Nothing particularly new to report from here. My life is incredibly boring, lightened only by a few new residents where my mom lives. New people are always interesting. All are pleasant, but each has his or her little quirks that are fun to learn about.

One thing I've been doing for a while as a volunteer is proofreading for Project Gutenberg, which provides e-books in the Public Domain for free. The proofing process is very long and involved, and I'm only on the leading edge at the moment, but I'm quite enjoying it.

I was disappointed that the cowboys didn't win RACE. I haven't been following it too closely, but I disliked the brothers for pushing into line, and that girl was so rude and snippy that I really didn't want her to win. APPRENTICE is bringing back Joan Rivers to judge something or other, and there's so much else on tonight that I think I'll give that one a miss, since I can't stand watching her.

I have the Tabernacle Choir in my yard all summer, even without tall grass, so I hope all your mowing did the trick. I spray Raid around my bedroom windows when it gets bad.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I love how you look at the new residents. You embrace their quirks and I think that is charming.

Wow, what a great assignment for volunteer work!! I had never heard of the project until now.

Ouch, I can't see Trump's fascination with Rivers, this is the second time he has brought her back this season.

I will root that your choir doesn't come back this summer!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Who wants to declutter? ME! I can handle it for a limited period of time, but sooner or later it just gets to me and I have to declutter my environment, to declutter my mind and emotions. It's just gotten to the point where it's out of control, in every room in the house, but especially my office/reading haven. Still looking for the right solution there. I know what I want, just now where to find it!

William J. said...

Hi DR

I like looking at the house after declutter but the process to get there isn't among my fvorite things to do.

Bill