Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!!

Love you Mom!!!!!!

Thank you for not disowning me when at Kindergarten Bible School graduation the minister asked "What was the first thing that Noah did when he got off of the Ark?" and I answered "Get Drunk."

Thank you for teaching me that women are as good as and sometimes better than men.

Thank you for teaching me that the word acceptance is better than the word judgment.

Thanks for believing me and not the seventh grade teacher when the teacher told you that I was to stupid to learn. Thank you for forcing an IQ test the results of which ended up with me in the gifted program with a new teacher.

Thanks for teaching me that every living soul has good in them.

That you for teaching me that the heart of of a person means more than their sex, orientation, or color.

Thank you for teaching me one of life's greatest lessons. Put a band aid on it, it will get better.

Thanks for believing me and not the doctor when the doctor told you that your teenage son would be in a wheelchair all his life. We beat the odds and did it together.

Thank you for teaching me that if someone takes something from me that they needed it more than I did.

Thank you for all the chicken soup that seemed to cure everything.

Thank you for teaching me that my opinion mattered.

Thank you for listening to me, it taught me to listen to others.

Thank you for being liberated long before Women's lib and teaching me that I can be liberated too.

Thank you for standing behind me when I needed a gentle shove.

Thank you for standing beside me when I needed a friend.

Thank you for standing ahead of me when I needed direction.

Thank you for being you.

Thank you for making me the man I am today.

Thank you for being my Mom.


No Who Am I today, the answer to yesterday's puzzle was the great Elizabeth Van Lew.
Now tell me about your mother!! Remember too that it is Update Day so catch me up on your lives!!

No comments: