Sunday, May 30, 2010

Updates, Yours And Mine.

The day of rest results in no Who Am I of the day. The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Abigail Adams.

NEEDED PRAYER UPDATE:

DR is improving but not all the way back so continue healing vibes and if prayer is your style those would be appreciated also. Maryanne is improving but not all the back so same game plan, prayers and healing vibes her direction. June arrives Tuesday and that is the month when Dona's husband gets tests and results so prayers and healing vibes The Shankster's way. My cousin L is dealing with two types of cancers. Mom heard from her last week. She told Mom she is going to enjoy life as long as she can, so vibes, good thoughts and prayers her direction would be appreciated. Through the grapevine I heard that my sister-in-law isn't doing that well. Her face is twitching and this scares me that it might be Parkinson's . I think it has been established that she isn't on my list of favorite people but still nobody deserves the fear that comes with that possibility. My brother doesn't do well when people close to him are ill. It would be dearly appreciated if you would send positive thoughts, healing vibes, and prayers both my brother's and my sister-in-law's direction. Thanks everyone.

INCURABLE DOOFUS UPDATE:

Monday I had the minor foot surgery that I must endure twice a year. It really wasn't all that painful and the feet feel so damn much better. On they way out of the doctor's office the doctor said "It is nice to see you are wearing matching shoes today." Remember the last time I went there I got dressed in a hurry. When I got to the doctor, I looked down and had two different colored shoes one. That was well over three months ago and he still remembered? They must have been laughing for a very long time.

Confession time. You all know I attended an ethics seminar this week. I had it ingrained in my mind that the seminar was Tuesday. In my computer whenever I schedule an appointment I put in a alert that dings twenty-four hours before the appointment when I turn the computer on. Monday the computer didn't ding. I just thought the computer was wrong. I do think I get points for going to the right place, it was just the wrong day. It wasn't Tuesday. I went back on Wednesday, which was the right day. Yes, the computer did ding on Tuesday.

WRITING UPDATE:

I'm following the advise of a woman I respect, DR. I've been spending to much time editing. Writing a chapter and editing it. The advise was to jettison the editing and finish the manuscript. That is what I am doing. I've written two chapters this week and am working on a third. I'm now about ten chapters into it. Next week on the blog we may talk about lost loves and I may share some of that writing. I went back over the blog and my blog has gotten less personal over time. I've decided to try to make the blog a little more personal by sharing more personal things once in a while.

ENTERTAINMENT UPDATE:

Nicole won Dancing With The Stars. She was by far the best dancer. I really wanted Erin but anyone of the three were deserving of the mirror ball. This was the best season of DWTS yet. The final on Celebrity Apprentice was about emotional as it gets and was great television. Brett Michaels against the advise of his doctors made a live appearance. The audience went wild and the contestants, including finalist Holly Robinson, where all in tears. While Brett Michaels got the official title both Michaels and Robinson received two hundred grand for their charities. Unlike last year when Joan Rivers and Annie Duke were the ultimate bitches this year Michaels and Robinson really liked and respected each other. No bitterness this year.

I don't watch The American Idol and I am not a Lostie. Both had their finals this week. The American Idol was Lee DeWyze. Most of the blogs I read felt Crystal Bowersox was the better singer and should have won. As for Lost you can read a pretty good summary on one of my favorite blogs, The Chaos Chronicles:

http://chaoschronicles.com/blog/2010/05/24/the-lost-weekend-i-am-a-jack-girl/

I'm done. It's now your turn. Update me on your lives. Introduce yourselves. Vent. Post anything you damn well please.

10 comments:

Pat said...

Lots of people need our good vibes or whatever help we can manage. I'm continuing to send some for all, and I hope to hear lots of good reports soon.

As to the TV stuff. DWTS could have been any one of the three, but it (for once) went to the best dancer, and that's a Good Thing.

It was nice to see a little class at the end of APPRENTICE, though if it weren't for Brett's brush with death, Holly should have won.

I don't watch IDOL, so no opinion. But I thought the LOST finale was just ridiculous. Obviously they were just making it up as they went along over six seasons and never intended to explain anything at all. That the real fans are putting out so much existential crap about the "touching" ending totally baffles me.

Lady DR said...

Thanks to all for the ongoing good vibes and prayers. I'm not the most patient of patients. MA and the Shankster are always on my prayer list and I'll certainly add your cousin and your s-i-l. I'm trying to remember what "syndrome" it is that causes facial twitching. A friend of mine had it once... starts with a "b" I think. Please keep us posted on all counts.

Funny they remembered the shoes and funny about the day mix-up. This is why I have stuff in my pocket calendar, desk calendar and our google calendar (so Himself knows my schedule). More than once, I've been convinced I/we had an app't on the wrong day.

I'm so glad you've given up editing and started just writing. While "the devil is in the details," until you get to the end of the story, you won't really know what needs editing, honest.

Update: Saw internist Monday and am good for another six months. Saw chiro Tuesday and we're going to try going two weeks, with proviso I go earlier if things regress. Pool and line dance, including rehearsal for our show on Tuesday. Having exterior of house painted. Himself hired a young contractor, who'd stopped to talk to him a month ago about other issues. He has a somewhat motley looking crew - I don't think any of them are over 25 years old - but they're very polite and enthusiastic. I don't know what one of them said, but Himself heard Blair shout, "There will be NO profanity on this site." They're coming tomorrow to finish and I'll be pointing out some "glitches" that need fixing. Finally heard from youngest sis, with a tentative schedule for the IL trip. It's obvious I'll be taking over most of Mother's care while up there, as D flat says she needs to let down her hair and take a break. Having been there and done that and so often wished for such, I'm happy to give her some time off, which I think she badly needs. Otherwise, it's been editing a true crime ms from a guy who's not read true crime books (yeah, go figure!) and more decluttering of paperwork and magazines and fiddling with bathroom drawings. Life is, obviously, one mad whirl of excitement around (g).

Pat said...

DR, you may be thinking of Bell's Palsy. But I don't know about twitching... seems like that's mostly a kind of temporary paralysis of part of the face. The good news is that it usually goes away in time.

Lady DR said...

You're right, Bell's Palsy sounds familiar.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Thanks for the good vibes.

The best dancer won for the first time since season 2, in my humble opinion,

I also think both Brett and Holly actually won since both got the same amount for their charity. The title really didn't come with any financial rewards.

As to Lost I am out of my element but what I understand is most people felt they couldn't close all the story lines due to time limitations so where happy that they apparantly closed the big ones. There was so much confusion that the producers of Lost put an explanation of the final in the USA Today last Thursday.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Bells Palsey like Pat said was the syndrom but when dad had it there was not only twitching of the face there was a little paralysis of the same side of the face. She only has twitching not the numbness associated with Bells.
She has an appointment on Tuesday.

I am not even worried about tense and first person vs. third person on this go around, I can correct that later.

Glad you are good for another six month. Sound like the Chiro thinks you are improving which is a good sign. I want to hear about you show on Tuesday. I hope the painting of the house goes well, keep us posted! Good loke in your role as caregiver!

I hope your survive the excitement!

Bill

Pat said...

Hmmm... I might like to see their explanation of the ending of LOST. But I'm sure it would all be more BS. In fact, after all their promises, they didn't explain anything. What was really with the Dharma Initiative, the hatch, the a-bomb? Did the island really sink? Was it all Jack's imagination? They're cheaters, not to be trusted again. {g}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

It was pretty brief explanation, I will see if I can find it tomorrow. If memory serves me correctly the man thing was that Jack didn't die. Of course my memory sucks and even worse when I don't even watch the show.

Bill

Unknown said...

Good vibes to all who need it.

William J. said...

Snug!!!

Thank you and hope all is well with you and yours!!!

Bill