Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Team Dahn

First the feel good story:

http://www.pawnation.com/2009/11/03/nubs-the-true-story-of-a-mutt-a-marine-and-a-miracle/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pawnation.com%2F2009%2F11%2F03%2Fnubs-the-true-story-of-a-mutt-a-marine-and-a-miracle%2F

On yesterday's fact or crap the first four were fact and the last one was crap. Despite the disputed results the answers stand. Instead of trivia today we are going to practice for a contest. However, the contest isn't mine.

I received an interesting email yesterday from a guru at the Loaded Question Game web site. In a search of blogs he found the day some loaded questions were posted here and asked that I post a link to a contest that they were having. Well, I am not only going to post a link to the contest I am going to suggest that we enter it as a team. While if one of us win that individual gets the prize we will still all share in the glory of knowing one of the Team Dahn members won. Here is the link:

http://www.loadedquestions.com/getloaded/index.html

Just a couple of hints. Don't worry if your question has been used or not, that would be a daunting task to find out all of the questions already used. Just come up with a fun and interesting question. If it has already been used they will automatically eliminate it. Just think of a question that you would like to know the answer to that is either interesting or funny or both. Today I am going to ask some of the loaded questions they have in their game to give you an idea of what they are looking for. While I would love to hear your answers to any or all of the following questions as always it is up to you to choose how many questions you want to answer, if any. My answers follow the questions:

If you could be a character in any novel, who would you be? (Don Juan. It is fiction, right?)

If you could bring someone famous back from the grave, who would you choose (James Dean. To much wasted talent with such an early death)

If you owned a restaurant, what type of food would you serve? (Meat and potatoes. I'm beige)

What quality do you like most about yourself? (I'm Resilient but I also like that I am compassionate)

In what situation might you find yourself speechless? (If there was a knock on the door and when I answered there was an unclothed woman standing there)

What is the best thing to eat at a fair? (Corn Dog)

I've already entered. OK, come on team suck it up, follow my lead, come up with a good question, go to the above web page, enter the contest, and wait for a good chunk of change to come your way. Fame and fortune is waiting for you! Remember we enter the contest with one heart. If you enter the contest in the comment section type "Team Dahn Rules!"

6 comments:

Pat said...

Great story about Nubs. I've read several stories and one whole book about servicemen bonding with dogs in Iraq and how hard it is to keep them there and equally hard to get them shipped home to the U.S. Hard, and darned expensive, according to this story. Nubs is a beautiful dog, cropped ears and all.

Working on a question for Team Dahn, but nothing yet that hasn't probably been submitted already. My least favorite questions are the ones that begin "Why do you..." and "Why don't you..."

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I think the dog would be beautiful even without ears just becuase of its spirit.

A tip about the contest entry, phone number and email addresses are asked for but they are not required to submit an entry.

I submitted four questions.

Two were:

What talent do you have that would put you on a stage in front of an audience?

What relative would you like to go into battle with?


Bill

dona said...

Very nice story about Nubs. What a spirit he has. I am a bit partial to dog stories but love to hear ones such as this.

As for the questions for Team Dahn, I too will work on something. I think it is a great idea!

Team Dahn Rules

Lady DR said...

Great story on Nubs. Thanks for sharing. With all they're facing, it's always good to hear "positives" about our guys and gals over there.

As to Loaded Questions... how do we do that as a team? It looks like you sign up with individual names. Is it just that we know know we're a team?

I'll have to put my thinking hat on and see what I can come up with.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I just love pet stories in general.

I just hope one of us wins the five grand. It would be so great here to have one of us do that!!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

You don't really enter as a team, you enter as an individual but then if anyone of us here win something they get the prize but we all get to share the moment with them!

I liked the Nubs story for so many reasons. The spirt of the dog and the compassion of the men.

Bill