Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rest & Recovery Update

"Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it." —Cullen Hightower

Last week was mostly rest and recovery. Sunday - Movie. It was just nice to ignore life for two hours. Monday - a very enjoyable bbq at my sister's house. There eight of us there. Nice group. Tuesday- meeting with Mark to pickup a work assignment. He is doing really well and looks really great. Wednesday - at Mom's from two in the afternoon to overnight. Played a couple of games of Scrabble. Cooked dinner. Thursday. All day at Mom's. Two games of Scrabble. Fixed Mom lunch. Went out to dinner with Mom, sister and her husband. Friday - Grocery shopping for Mom's house, my house, and a the movie HORRIBLE BOSSES. Don't waste your money. Saturday - errand and house cleaning day.

On the agenda next week. Today is lunch with Mom. Tomorrow is lunch with the man from the firm I worked at during tax season. The one I was supposed to train and really didn't like some of his actions. Be interesting to see what is going on with him. Tuesday is at Mom's. Nancie is also coming that day to give Mom a foot treatment. Wednesday is at Mom's. Thursday is at Mom's in the morning and a movie in the afternoon. Friday is a work day. Saturday is for me.

The biggest entertainment rumors in relation to Dancing With The Stars are that bachelorette Ashley Hebert, Regis Philbin and Lindsay Lohan's Mom, Dina Lohan, will be joining the cast this season. I would love to see Matt Bomar, the star of WHITE COLLAR, and the star of COVERT AFFAIRS. Piper Perabo, be on this season. Those are two shows that if you haven't checked out both, on The USA Channel, I would recommend. They are on Tuesday nights at 9 and 10 PM. The new season of Dancing With The stars will start September 19,

You know the drill. Share everything & Post what you damn will please is the mantra for Update Day. Fire away.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Glad to hear Mark is doing so well. You are still putting in a lot of mom time. I hope it's reasonably pleasant for you.

I have to say I've almost completely lost interest in DWTS. Oh, I'll watch it sometimes if there's nothing else of interest in that timeslot. Maybe. Those early rumors are usually wrong. I hope they are in the case of Regis Philbin. Haven't we seen enough of him? Is Ashley the current "Bachelorette"? I've seen just enough snippets of that show to think she's a complete idiot, however pretty. Oh, well, ignore me, I'm just feeling snarky today. {g}

Lady DR said...

Lots of Mom time. Glad to see Nancie's name, even if only for a foot massage (wry s). So glad to hear Mark 1 is doing well. Isn't Mark 2 scheduled to visit you soon? I'm keeping both in my prayers.

Lunch with the "interesting" guy from the tax office? I gather he called you? Sounds like most of next week is going to be with Mom, as well.

Four days at the pool. Line dance, although it was more pain than pleasure, but we're working on that. Two sessions with chiro and one with massage therapist. Better today. Editorial work three days on a complete rewrite of a ms. Yesterday was a shopping excursion for Mom, which also netted me a swim suit and pair of sandals, both on half-price sale, cleaning. Today I planned to clear the end of one garden area and start organizing the rig. Wasps in the garden, tripped on the asphalt edge of the drive and did a three point landing, scraping a great deal of skin off knees/legs. Guess God meant what he said about not working Sundays. Scamp time, walks around property at dusk, when it's halfway bearable temp-wise. She continues to be a lover and cuddler and full of energy, then crashes in her crate or my lap for naps. I hope to find time to start work on a few more basic commands in the next week and beyond. Having a puppy raises the "Mom instincts." When things get real quiet, you better go see what she's doing! So far, we've not had a chewing problem (knocking wood), except thinking Mom's a chew toy, when she gets real wound up.

Next week is the standard drill, plus a massage and chiro and we're to have dinner with one of Himself's ham buddies, whom I've met numerous times, when he's stopped by here or we've been at hamfests. I've never met his wife, which is the purpose of the dinner, which will take place somewhere midpoint between here and Charlotte.

Since I don't "do" TV, can't comment on DWS.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

After the night in the hospital a month ago I had a change in attitude brought about by remembering, you can't change others, you can only change the way you react to them. Since the time at mom's has been great. I don't get sucked into an argument by some of the comments she makes. I just ignore them. I also go over there with the attitude to make the days there as pleasant as possible for Mom (and I). It seems to be working.

I wasn't going to watch last season of DWTS but the first show there was nothing on and this season turned out to be their best ever. So I will check out this season the first couple of shows.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Mark 2 is schedule to come down later this month so we can put my name on his safe deposit boxes. I sent him a letter and two books on Friday just to let him know I was thinking of him. He likes non-fiction and believes in the hereafter so the books I sent him were HEAVEN IS FOR REAL by Todd Burpo & Lynn Vincent. It is an accout of a four year old boys illness and dreams. On the opposite end of the spectrum was IN THE GARDEN OF BEASTS by Eric Larsen. It is an account of what is going on in Germany from 1933-1938 through the eyes of the US Ambassedor to Berlin, William Dodd, and his daughter Martha. One is happy, one is chilling.

Yup the tax season guy called me. I am guessing he is going to pump me for information. Which is good because I don't have any.

I am very pleased that you had four days at the pool! And although the line dance was more pain than pleasure I am glad you tried it and it sounds like you are working on improving the pain.
I am glad the Chiro and the massage was on the agenda as both can only help.

Ouch on the fall. I hoped you put some anti-biotic cream on it and wrapped it. I love the comment that when it is quiet you have to go find Scamp!

I would imagine it will be an interesting dinner and it should be even more interesting to meet the wife!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Bill, another book I recommend, for both yourself and Mark, if you haven't read it, is "The Shack," by Wm. Paul Young. My sister sent it to me and I've shared it with several others. It gets off to a slow start, but once it picks up, you understand why you needed the background material. For me, it's definitely a "keeper" for rereading. Truly thought provoking.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I will check out The Shack. Thank you!

Bill