Sunday, July 3, 2011

Short Update

It was really an uneventful week this week. Last Sunday was lunch out with Mom. Monday was a lunch with friend for my birthday. We went to Ruby Tuesday's. Tuesday and Wednesday night were at Mom's as was all day Thursday. Sister is in the midst of dental surgery and she had stage two on Friday so Mom was mine Friday. I started the day by driving to hell and gone to get Mom some medical supplies. Long trip out because I didn't know where I was going, shorter trip home because I did know where I was going. Dropped the stuff off at Mom's and made lunch for her while I was there. Went home and caught up on some things then went to Mom's to take care of dinner for her and the caregiver. Saturday was a rest day as I was coming down with a sore throat. Saturday I went between resting and cleaning house. I did do some grocery shopping and mild cooking.

This week doesn't look all that busy. Today is a movie and bill paying. Monday is a barbecue at Sister's. Tuesday is picking up a work assignment from Mark who is back at work and doing well. Wednesday night and all day Thursday is at Mom's. Friday is completing the work assignment for Mark. Saturday is free day.

What is on you agenda for next week? What did you accomplish last week? Want to celebrate some joys? Feel free. Want to vent? Go ahead. Want to talk about co It was really an uneventful week this week. Last Sunday was lunch out with Mom. Monday was a lunch with friend for my birthday. We went to Ruby Tuesday's. Tuesday and Wednesday night were at Mom's as was all day Thursday. Sister is in the midst of dental surgery and she had stage two on Friday so Mom was mine Friday. I started the day by driving to hell and gone to get Mom some medical supplies. Long trip out because I didn't know where I was going, shorter trip home because I did know where I was going. Dropped the stuff off at Mom's and made lunch for her while I was there. Went home and caught up on some things then went to Mom's to take care of dinner for her and the caregiver. Saturday was a rest day as I was coming down with a sore throat. Saturday I went between resting and cleaning house. I did do some grocery shopping and mild cooking.

This week doesn't look all that busy. Today is a movie and bill paying. Monday is a barbecue at Sister's. Tuesday is picking up a work assignment from Mark who is back at work and doing well. Wednesday night and all day Thursday is at Mom's. Friday is completing the work assignment for Mark. Saturday is a free day.

What is on your agenda for next week? What did you accomplish last week? Want to celebrate some joys? Feel free. Want to vent? Go ahead. What to talk about concerns about health, friends, of family? Go right ahead. Want to tell us about what your are doing to celebrate the fourth? Then share away. Write about anything you damn well please because the blog is now yours. Fire away.

5 comments:

Lady DR said...

IF you consider your past week uneventful, I'd hate to see what a full schedule looks like! Sounds like much of the week was Mom time. I do have one question, which is none of my business... why isn't the caregiver spending nights and, more important, fixing meals?

Next week sounds like it may be a bit less hectic.

I, OTOH, had a truly uneventful week. The pool three days, line dance, continuing to clear out, largely paperwork at this point. Arrgh. Saw the dermo and got the all clear, go back for a check in a year. Saw the chiro and she did a cold laser treatment, wants to do an ultrasound treatment next Wednesday and probably again Friday, with me having massage therapy on Thursday. She's getting more aggressive about the hip. Had a nasty bout of "dry eye" which had me flat on my back all of Friday, which wasn't on my calendar. Got a shawl finished and shipped to my friend in WVA, who had cancer surgery, playing around with other projects on needles and looms. Scamper time, altho with temps in high nineties and heat indexes in triple digits, we do our walking around the property at dusk and any other training takes place inside.

Next week - we're planning a quiet 4th here at home, in the a/c, will bbq something, either ribs or burgers. I see the chiro twice, the therapist, will try line dance. And I go back to work, doing the second half of a complete rewrite of a book, now the client's provided needed information.

dona said...

I agree with DR, what a week! Sounds like you were busier than you realize. Lots of people don't realize that taking care of your parents takes a lot out of you. And with all your running besides, and cooking the meals, its no wonder you are getting a sore throat. Please tell me you will have some time to care for yourself soon. We can't have you getting sick on us! :)

This week for me was to get some things done around here that I have been putting off for a rainy day. But I thought since the Shankster is supposed to be taking it easy I could get them done. Last week after his surgery, he was up and acting all "normal" and then took 2 trips in the car that were longer than he needs to sit at a time. I warned him... (he is only allowed an hour at a time to sit) So after the second trip on Monday I noticed he wasn't doing that great and started to double over. He is having the soreness now from the surgery and started the bleeding again so I think took a step back, so I have been Mother Nurse and made him stay in bed all week.
You know what that means for me? Yes no time for getting anything done! LOL (he is waving at me as I write this telling me to tell you all hello) See I don't have even a moment to myself!!

This week is more of the same, stay in bed for the Shankster and me being the gopher. Wednesday will be heading up to the doctor for his first check....which I am sure will follow with more bed rest. Hopefully I will get some things done when he actually falls asleep. :)

Hope everyone has a Great Holiday Weekend.

Lady DR said...

Dona, sounds like the Shankster doesn't take instruction (particularly medical) any better than most men (okay, most of us). Sorry to hear he pushed too hard and had a bit of a set back and you ended up playing fulltime nurse. Maybe this time he'll listen to the doc and you *can* get some things done while he rests as directed, I hope.

Tell him I'm waving back and asking him to please follow directions, stay in bed and give you a break! Oh, and I'm sending along a hug for him to go along with that and hugs for you, as well.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Last week wasn't as hectic as the weeks before so it kind of seemed not that hectic. Mom was in there a lot because of sister's dental surgery and because Mom and Sis are in the midst of a I'm not speaking to you because you said something mean period. I'm guessing three more days before it goes back to normal. The caregiver was on vacation and never fixes meals. Mom has to eat on schedule and if we left it to her to cook it would take her three hours to fix a bowl of cereal.

Your week sounded pretty eventful to me. Three days in the pool alone is a lot. Good news from the dermo! Yeah. Good luck with the upcoming ultrasound treatments. Ouch on the dry eye, will pray that it gets better. What a great gift a shawl is. Our minister knitted a prayer shawl for my mom which was just beautiful. Even more amazing when you remember that the minister is blind.

Sounds like you got a good fourth on the agenda, quiet is always good with me. Congratulations on your return to work.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Waving at The Shankster. Now, Shankster bend over and grab your ankles so I can kick you in the butt. Listen Shankster we all care about you and we want you to get well. So listen to your wife and doctor and do what they say. If you don't listen to your wife and doctor there is a real chance you will named the official doofus of The Dahn Report.

I spent Saturday and Sunday all by myself. Most of today and tomorrow too. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Talk about me Mrs. Dona. Seems like you aren't getting any time to yourself. Be a nurse to someone that is sick is as difficult as eating jello with a knife.

I'm hoping the doctor appointment this week goes better than expected and he gets to do a little more so you get to do a little more. If The Shankster has trouble getting to sleep maybe the doctor can prescribe a sleeping pill or you can buy a sledge hammer.

Bill