Thursday, February 7, 2008

Around The Dial

Things I heard on the radio this morning driving out to my annual eye appointment.

Tom Jones the English singer recently insured his chest hair for seven million dollars. When I got home I checked the mirror and I think there is a good chance I could insure my chest hair for $1.99.

According to an online survey 25% of men and a third of women are jealous. They didn't say what age groups but I would think the older you get the less jealous you become.


According to Entrepreneur.com you can make money by starting a business to clean up murder sites. When I got home I went to their web page and if you want some unusual business tips here is the link:


http://smallbusiness.aol.com/start/startup/article/_a/10-off-the-wall-businesses/20061108155609990001


According to one report on the radio there is a huge trend in bloggers posing as celebrities. Hmm, I wonder if I could get away posing as Eli Manning. I hear he is in style right now. Seriously, do the bloggers really think they will get away with it for the long term?

In a hurry to get of the house to be on time for a meeting and you are completely out of shoe polish? Use a banana to shine your shoes. They said it would work. I might be in trouble though because I try not to buy shoes that need potassium.

According to an online survey the greatest fear taxpayers have is of being audited. It is generally an unrealistic fear since only 1% of all returns get audited. The IRS is, however, good at generating fear. Watch for stories to come out the next couple of months that tell horror stories that taxpayers went through because they did one little thing wrong. Those stories are usually IRS plants to encourage compliance.

That is it for the day. Good luck to you all for a happy and productive day.

3 comments:

Mary Z said...

Some days we don't pay enough attention to stories on NPR. One can learn all sorts of neat stuff. Or else, people (not US, of course) are spending too much time listening to talk radio. YUCK!

William J. said...

Mary

I love NPR and listen to it all the time. I pretty much avoid talk radio except for sports.

Hope your husband is doing well.

Bill

Mary Z said...

Bill, we get two public radio stations here, and those are the only two stations I listen to (except for an occasional basketball game). I don't even know what or where the other stations are.

John is doing well, thanks. He said he had almost no pain today. He's doing the pendulum-swing exercises, and I guess they'll set up some real PT after he sees the doctor next Wednesday.