Monday, February 18, 2008

Dancing With The Stars - Season 6 Lineup

Because I have several business meetings tomorrow and will be away from the computer most of the day I am doing tomorrows post tonight. Most of my old clients are requesting me to be there for their first meeting with the guys that bought my business. It is nice to see the clients and I get paid for watching the other guys work. Life is good.

Dancing With The Stars begins March 17th. The cast was announced tonight on Dance Wars.

Sorry, Pat. Kristi McNichol was a rumor and isn't in the cast but there are some pretty well known folks this time.

The Women:

Marlee Matlin - The Oscar winning deaf actress. The was also in west wing.

Pricella Presley - Elvis's ex. At 62 the oldest woman to perform to date.

Marissa Jaret Winoker – Broadway actress who has won a Tony Award for her performance in “Hairspray.”

Kristi Yamaguchi – Olympic gold medal-winning figure skater and world champion.

Monica Seles – World No. 1 tennis player.

Shannon Elizabeth – an actress named Maxim’s Hottest Woman in the World.

I know of all of the women except Shannon Elizabeth and Winoker.

The Men:

Penn Jillette – Hulky magician of Penn & Teller fame.

Adam Carolla – Comedian, radio personality, and Co-Host of The Man Show.

Cristian de la Fuente – Latin heartthrob who can be summed up in one word: “Purrrrr…”

Mario – R&B singer whose song “Let Me Love You” spent 9 weeks at number one.

Steve Guttenberg – Experienced actor

Jason Taylor – NFL All-Star of the Miami Dolphins

I only know of three. Jason Taylor, Steve Guttenberg, and Penn Jillette.

The professional partners will be announced at a later date.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other dance teams include: de la Fuente and Burke; Elizabeth and Derek Hough; Guttenberg and Trebunskaya; Mario and Smirnoff; Jillette and Johnson; Presley and Van Amstel; Seles and Marie Osmond survivor Roberts; Taylor and Sliwinska; Winokur and Dovolani; and Yamaguchi and Ballas.

Julianne Hough will go for her third consecutive win alongside Carolla, the un-noted hoofer

Anonymous said...

We got all the leprachaun and elfish little boys back for the male Pros.....The ladies of the MB are unhappy.

William J. said...

Hi Lisa

Glad you are able to sign in now!

Sorry the ladies of the board are unhappy. Max being back probably would have smoothed things over a bit. I didn't see Alec Mazo in there either.

Thank you for giving me the professionals and the pairngs!! It is appreciated.

Clark and I are happy Anna is back and maybe with Guttenburg she will last more than two weeks. I'm also a big Kym Johnson fan since I met her at the first tour. Although de la Fuente looks like a stud that will please the female viewers I am guessing his fan base is limited and he will be the first to go with Elizabeth next. Mario will this years Sara Evans, Master T, Marie Osmand and stay on long past his time.

Anonymous said...

The latin hunk has been in telenovellas, tv shows (Ugly Betty and CSI Miami) and movies.......One with Bon Jovi..........his fan base is larger than one might think.....(He's alos a licensed pilot)

Pat said...

Sorry McNicol won't be there, and I can't say I have strong feelings about any on the list. Only know Gillette, Carolla, and Guttenberg among the men. I'd guess that Yamaguchi might be a real contender. Of the others, who knows? I like Matlin as an actress, and it'll be interesting to see how she keeps up with the music.

William J. said...

Lisa

Do think then the Latin Hunk will last more than a week? Sounds like he has a better following than Albert Reed did.

Bill

William J. said...

Pat

I'm also kind of curious how Matlin is going to handle the music. Being deaf is probably more of a handicap then having only one leg like Heather Mills did.

I am betting on Yamaguchi doing well. Figure skating is probably good training for dance.

Pressley will probably be like Seymour good at ballroom to slow for Latin.

Bill