Friday, February 22, 2008

Some Of My Garage Photo Finds

This is my mom and dad's wedding picture. They couldn't afford a big wedding or a wedding dress. There were five people at their wedding, best man, bridesmaid, minister, and the two love birds. Two months later they bought a hotel and restaurant for ten bucks. They operated the hotel and restaurant for a year when dad became a district manager for a national hardware chain.






A few years later their third child and second son was born. This is I at a very young age.














When Bill got a little older he became quite disturbed that he was the only one in the family with red hair. He thought he was adopted and would hop on his horse, Dolly, and run away from home. He didn't go far, just to his grandma's house.








In the late eighties ater a separation of a few years the brothers reunited at the older brother's home in Lake Oswego, Oregon. One got the looks, the other got the brains. You have to guess which one is which. You also have to guess which one had the perm and which one has naturally curly hair. We don't have the dos now, we both have short hair.







A couple of years later one of the brothers wrote a book about fantasy football, the other brother edited it. The author really didn't excel that much as the network that he appeared on went broke and off the air the day after his appearance.








Hope this will be an outstanding day for all of you!!

7 comments:

Pat said...

Great photos, Bill! You look like your dad.

Anonymous said...

Love the pix Bill! You do look like your Dad. Your baby picture is so precious. Those cheeks are so pinchable and kissable! lol

William J. said...

Thank you, Pat.

I always thought my dad was nice looking but of course my view is somewhat slanted. A lot of people also say I inherited his sense of humor.

My family was kind of unusual as my sister was a blonde as they come, as you can see my brother was brunette, and somehow I ended up with red hair (really orange when I was young.) I'm also the only one in a long line of relatives that had/have naturally curly hair.

Bill

William J. said...

Thank you, Lisa

I think I still have the same chubby cheeks. Well, they are kind of going away since I've lost twenty pounds. I am kind of hoping when I reach my goal (25 more pounds) my chubby cheeks will be no more!

Bill

Anonymous said...

i like chubby cheeks......

Anonymous said...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2048/2286994803_3cf8ac2c29_o.jpg

William J. said...

Lisa

If you like chubby cheeks, I am in.

I also loved the link that you sent me.

Bill