Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Oscar Summary

My Oscar notes -

My TV is safe - what a great performance from Once by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova when they sang the great song Falling Slowly.

Gary Busey is an embarassment to men every where. He was drunk and kissed the married Jennifer Garner and told her that he was madly in love with her. He needs to go to rehab immediately.

Jon Stewart is a class act. When Marketa Irglova didn't get to give her thank you speach he called her back on stage and let her give it. Never been done before. Thank you Jon Stewart for giving Marketa Irglova her chance to shine that she so deserved.

If I read the body movements right Glen Hansard is madly in love with Marketa Irglova.

The Academy loves the Coen Brothers and I don't.

Daniel Day Lewis is a loving father. What a great guy.

Amy Ryan was stunning and can sing.

Julie Christie looks great.

All the women looked stunning to me. I'm fickle I think they were all beautiful. If any of them want me, I'm theirs.

The men dressed nice. Nothing out of place. I do wish a lot of them would get their hair cut.

George Clooney looked very much in love with his girl friend.

Joey Fatone is a no talent sexist pig and his red carpet co-hostess Lisa Rinna tries to hard to be funny and succeeds only at trying to hard. I can think of a lot of better folks to host the red carpet at awards show. What was the TV Guide channel thinking?

My picking results

Best Supporting Actor - Did win - Javier Bardem - No Country For Old Men
My will win - Hal Holbrook - Into The Wild . 0-1

Best Supporting Actress - Did Win - Tilda Swinton - Michael Clayton
My Will Win - Saorise Ronan - Atonement. 0-2

Best Actress - Marion Cotillard - La Vie En Rose
My Will Win - Julie Christie - Away From Her 0-3

Best Song - Falling Slowly from Once
My Will Win- Falling Slowly from Once 1-3

Best Cinematography - There Will Be Blood
My Will Win - There Will Be Blood 2-3

Best Actor - Daniel Day Lewis
My Will Win - Daniel Day Lewis 3-3

Best Director - The Coen Brothers - No Country For Old Men
My Will Win - The Coen Brothers - No Country For Old Men 4-3

Best Movie - No Country For Old Men
My Will Win - No Country For Old Men 5-3

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJobVC7uR4

William J. said...

WOW

Thank you Lisa!!

OK, anyone that missed the performance of my favorite song last night performed by whom were two unknowns a year ago go to the link that Lisa (babyliser) has provided in her message.

Bill

Mary Z said...

I turned the show on briefly last night, and hit right at "your" song, Bill. It is lovely.

Any ball player would kill for your batting average. Good job!

William J. said...

Mary Z

I'm glad you got to see my favorite song. I'm just so happy it won best song. Such a great underdog story. They used only two cameras to film the movie, shot it in seventeen days, and borrow the hundred grand it took to make it.

Now they will never have to worry about money the rest of their lifes. I just love stories like that.

Bill

Anonymous said...

I am in mourning now Offy! They poofed my thread

William J. said...

Lisa

Why did the poof your thread? I can't imagine you posting anything on the message board that would cause the powers that be to make it go away.

Bill

Anonymous said...

They must have thought the Robert Goulet clip was a tad too naughty... :0

Anonymous said...

Offy, this clip is soo funny and so TRUE!! It's what i have been b ellyaching about for MONTHS now!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdpPj6UMG6A

William J. said...

Lisa

Who knew that Robert Goulet could be naughty. The powers that be that run the Dancing With The Stars message board just have no sense of humor.

Bill

William J. said...

Lisa

I love that clip and it is true.

Bill

Unknown said...

I read on wikipedia that Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are actually dating, so I think you're spot on with your deduction that he's madly in love with her! They are an awesome couple!

William J. said...

WOW

Hey Todd

Nice to see you here and congratulations on making the front page of The Oregonian last Friday together with the rest of the cast and Tonya. I almost posted the picture on the sister site but thought I might be overstepping my bounderies.

I'm glad that the two stars of Once are dating they just seem to go together.

By the way my friend Bev Sykes that posts here once in a while is a theatre critic in the SF area.

http://www.blogger.com/profile/16794928133704720689

Thanks for the post.

Bill