Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oscar Nominated Songs

I admit it, I am a movie and awards show geek. I'm extremely excited that the writers' strike is settled and The Oscars are going on next Sunday as scheduled.

One of my favorite parts of the Oscar show are the performances of the nominated songs. My favorite song this year is Falling Slowly from the Irish indie film Once. Oscar night Falling Slowing is going to be performed by the stars of Once, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. My guess is after their Oscar performance the sales of the soundtrack from Once will increase dramatically.

Amy Adams will sing Happy Working Song from Enchanted. That's How You Know also from Enchanted will be sung by Kristin Chenoworth and Marion Saunders. Another song from Enchanted So Close will be performed by Jon McLaughlin.

The last nominated song, Raise It Up from August Rush, will be performed by Jamie Simone Nash accompanied by the IMPACT Repertory Theatre of Harlem.

I haven't decided what I am going to do Sunday Night for the Oscars. Usually I watch the show from the safety of my home. This year I am giving serious consideration to going to one of the Oscar parties they have in Portland. The On Deck Sports Bar in Northwest Portland is putting on an Oscar extravaganza complete with red carpet. It might be a really fun way to meet people with common interests. Besides, men don't usually go to Oscar parties and if I'm the only man there that signicantly increases my chances to meet someone.

That is it for the day. May your day be filled with love and laughter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Offy! Rumour has it my eloved Nick will be dancing on the Oscars show! :D

Anonymous said...

btw....this is mochi......aol won't let me sign in now..hmm....

Mary Z said...

Hey, Bill! Go for it - go to the Oscar party. Who knows what might happen! But be careful to protect your virtue. 8^)

William J. said...

Lisa/Mochi

I knew it was you. You are the only one on the blog that calls me "offy." LOL

Nick Kosovo from Dancing With The Stars is going dance at the Oscars?
Great!

By the way, tomorrow night on Dance Wars they are going to announce the lineup for Season 6!

William J. said...

Lisa

Two or three days ago Google updated and changed their system. For two days I wasn't getting email that I was supposed to get, then the next day I started getting two of everything. I am guessing they are in transitioning and trying to get things in order. Try to sign in a again after a couple of days and see what happens.

Bill

William J. said...

Mary Z

I am pretty sure I'm going to the Oscar Party.

One thing I am finding out that I am missing the client contact I had before I sold my practice. There was good in bad in that, because I had so much people contact while I owned the business I wasn't very good about forcing myself to go out. Now without that contact I think I am going to push myself to get out into the world a lot more.

Bill

Anonymous said...

offy~ be careful....lots of men do attend oscar parties..lol...

William J. said...

Well shoot Lisa there goes my odds!

Maybe not. My guess is the only guys there will be the married ones forced to be there by their wifes so I still may have good odds!

Bill

Anonymous said...

What I was trying to say was, you could asked out, as lots of MEN do attend those oscar parties! LOL