Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm back

Sorry I have been away from the blog for a couple of days. The caregiver at Mom's was ill so I filled in for two days. It really went pretty well and I'm not as tired as I usually am after a couple of days there. Mom also has decided on a place she likes but doesn't really want to move until her house sells which actually makes sense. The place she now likes is the first one we looked at in the city next to me, Newberg. She has finally come to terms with the idea that people in retirement homes are going to be "old".

Right now she is happy with her choice but I am sure her mind will change many times before she actually makes the leap.

On to other things. I was glad to see the writers' strike end. Now there will be an Oscar show!

Obama seems to have picked up a lot of momentum. We don't vote here in Oregon until May 20th and I haven't decided who I am going to vote for. I keep going back and forth between Hilliary and Obama. I think we are lucky to have two really great candidates. Right now even though I think the time for a woman president is long overdue I am leaning towards Obama. My reason? Hilliary will energize the Democratic base but she will also energize the opponents' base against her. Obama will energize the Democratic base without energizing the opponents' base.

That is it for the day. Hope you all have a great evening filled with laughter and love.

7 comments:

Pat said...

I'm delighted to hear your mom has settled on a place, even though she will probably change her mind a few times. Glad you're ready for that. And I'm amused that she's come to terms that the people around her will be "old". My mom was the oldest resident at Broadview, but kept complaining that the people there were old and not very interesting. Sigh.

Mary Z said...

It does sound like your mom is getting closer to making the decision. I assume you do have her house on the market already. Maybe she would be amenable to putting her name on the list to move, but not to take effect until the sale does happen. Then she'd at least be guaranteed a spot.

We missed you while you were gone. 8^)

Anonymous said...

Hey offy! My Nana used to call this resort hotel near our summer house, "The Wax Museuem" because all of the old folks just sat out on the verandas and lawn chairs all day and never moved....

William J. said...

Our Mom's sound a lot alike. Both are/were very young acting. Although it does make it a little difficult to please them I admire their spirit.

Bill

William J. said...

Mary

Thank you for missing me.

The house isn't on the market because my sister wants first choice to purchase it. Right now she is having trouble getting financing. As soon as they get financing the sale will go through.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Lisa

I would have loved your Nana. I would have loved her spirit.

For the others, the reason Lisa calls me Offy is my Yahoo ID and my screen name on the Dancing With The Stars Message Board is Offcenteralittle. I chose that name since my family has referred to me as being offcenter since I was about six.

By the Way next Monday on Dancing Wars they will announce the new cast of Dancing With The Stars.

Bill

Mary Z said...

How good that you don't have to worry about finding a buyer. I hope all works out for your sister. The market seems to be so difficult now for sellers.