Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ashland

This is the front yard that I saw as I backed out of thje driveway. Since I 've lived in my townhouse I've had five neighbors, all young married couples. All have moved out because the wife got pregnant and they needed a larger space. The current neighbor is putting their townhouse on the market because guess what? The wife is pregnant and they need more space. The very first neighbor that I had the wife was a stockbroker and loved to garden on weekends. She thought the single dude living next door needed a more beautiful yard and planted these bushes for me before she moved out. They are perfect for me because they are very low maintenance. I do nothing and they bloom every spring and look beautiful.

On the way down to Ashland I stopped at the Rogue River scenic rest area. This is where the movie THE RIVER WILD starring Meryl Steep and Kevin Bacon was filmed. It was a really good tense movie. However, in true Oregon fashion the natives weren't in awe of having famous stars in their area instead they were upset that the stars might ruin some of the scenery by trashing the scenic areas.





Another view from The Rogue River Scenic Rest Area.








Another view of the Rogue River Scenic Area.







This is the hotel I was staying at and the view that I saw right out of the room.







This is a new theatre built within the last two years. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival has three theatres. The three theatres are the Bowmar Theatre, the Outdoor Theatre, and This one which is called the new theatre.



This is a veiw not far from my hotel.








Hope this is a great day for all of you.

6 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

So whatcha gonna see?

William J. said...

Hi Bev

I posted this after I got home. I went and saw "Fences". There is a review below. It was a great play!

Bill

Mary Z said...

Glad you had such a great time. Where is your next trip?

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

After celebrating Mothers' Day, a lunch with the guys that bought my business on Monday, two doctor appointments on Tuesday (foot doctor one/results of my tests other) I am heading to the coast or to Klamath Falls.

I was surprised at how easy I took the trip and if it keeps working like that I will take a plane trip in the next couple of months.

Hope things are well with you.

Bill

Pat said...

Great photos, Bill! I remember Ashland fondly, and am glad you had such a good time. Things seem to be looking up.

William J. said...

Pat

Ashland has even gotten better since the group was there. A little bigger and believe it or not more restaurants.

As to Mom there are daily complaints but I think she will decide to stay there. Or maybe do something like your Mom did move home miss the place and then move back. Mom says the best two things about the place or the food and the bathrooms. She can take worry free showers there. She doesn't say anything but she has met several people that adore her. When I went to the Mothers' Day buffet today a couple took me aside and told me to make sure mom stays away from her home so she won't consider moving back there because they want her to stay.

Bill