Friday, May 30, 2008

Procrastination and A Risk

OK, I decided to keep my license active and to do so I need to complete 40 hours of education by June 30th. Life kind of got in the way and I put off scheduling the education until now. So next week I will be attending three seminars. An eight hour one on Monday, an eight hour one on Wednesday, and a four hour one on in Corvallis on Friday. Then on Tuesday a friend asked me to go to a baseball game with him. The Portland Beavers are playing a special day time "lunch" game so if it doesn't rain I'll be gone most of Tuesday. The baseball game should be fun but there is nothing more boring than accounting seminar. Should be a good chance to catch up on my sleep. I'm letting you all know just in case I disappear some days next week you will all know where I am at.

The risk? Yesteday I scheduled my flight to fly with my nephew to see my brother. This is a huge step for me. I haven't flown in years. This will be a great test for me. I am really nervous about it. I never had trouble flying before and I used to fly a lot so I am thinking I am going to fine with it. I'm leaving Monday June 16th and flying back on the 18th. Any prayers sending my ways for a good safe journey is appreciated.

Hope this will be a great day for all of you.

6 comments:

Mary Z said...

We'll miss you. I hope the flight goes well, and you come through with flying colors. I guess I should apologize for that, but probably won't.

I guess there's no accounting for sleeping during lectures. DAMN, there I did it again! 8^)

Anonymous said...

I hate to fly as well. You'll be fine. I bet most folks are nervous when they get on a plane. I think it is the total lack of control. You'll have a great trip though! Good luck!

William J. said...

Mary Z

Don't apologize for a sense of humor! I love the puns.

Bill

William J. said...

Kim

I'm fine once the plane gets in the air, it is the take off and landings that bother me. I am hoping to do this so it frees me from a fear that once it is gone I can travel more.

Bill

Mary said...

Flying is really not that bad. You're going on a jet, I hope? My bet is, when you're all done, you will feel that going through security was the worst thing about the whole flight. Enjoy those classes (ack!) and have a wonderful trip!

William J. said...

Mary

I do think it is a jet it will be from Portland to Las Vegas. Brother has a home in Vegas and one in Wyoming and will be in L.V. the week we go down there. It is a non-stop two hour flight. Has to be a jet.

Those classes are boring.

Bill