Friday, May 16, 2008

Top Chef & Rejection

Top Chef was good the other night. The swearing is still a little to much and the way the competing chefs treat each other is sometimes annoying. Dale and Stephanie made the top two and in normal Top Chef sexist fashion Dale won when Stephanie should of. It is much harder to make a healthy soup that is filling then it is to make what Dale made. Andrew was rejected. He was sent packing. I was happy to see him go, especially after he used air quotes, not once but twice. Air quotes just annoy me, I guess it is one of my personality quirks. Andrew took his rejection with class that he hadn't shown before now. I am hoping that the next two to go are Spike and Lisa. I want the finals to be Richard, Dale, Stephanie, and Antonia. While I want Stephanie to win I think Richard is the favorite but the underdog with a real shot at it is Antonia.
Speaking of rejection, I heard a story on the radio while I was driving back from Klamath Falls. An animal shelter does personality tests before allowing someone to adopt a cat. If the adopter doesn't match anyone of the personalities of the available cats they are rejected as owners. First they give a the cat a personality test. They then determine if the cat is social, anti-social, the type of cat that will just sit on your lap while you are reading, or the type of cat that will sit on the book that that you are reading. Then they give the human the same test. No you they don't test humans on how well they use scratching posts but they do test the human for pesonality types.

Now this got me to thinking. Eharmony.com does once in a while reject applicants. I wonder what would hurt most being rejected by a human dating site or by an animal shelter. I think the animal rejection would hurt the most. I'm used to the human kind of rejection. One of the reasons that I am heterosexual instead of bisexual is being rejected by one gender is enough, thank you very much.

OK, I am curious, what would bother you the most, being rejected by a dating site or being rejected by a animal shelter?

May this be day fille with acceptance for all of you.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think being rejected by a dating service would upset me more, though I'm not sure why. Animals have lots better taste than humans, in my experience.

William J. said...

Hi Mary

Animals do have better taste then most humans. Another reason I'd be more upset by an animal rejection.

Bill